Multiple Locations +7

Pricing

$13,995 USD
Includes:

Return airfare from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport
Approximate airline departure taxes, surcharges and fees
Hotels and accommodations
Breakfast and dinner daily
Entrance fees to all course-specific sites
Airfare between countries
Transportation between hotel locations via private coach
Transportation for all listed program excursions
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Some Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 17, 2021
Jan 25, 2020

Imagine studying Buddhism in the temples of Angkor Wat, exploring the busy streets of Tokyo and Seoul and snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef. Picture yourself taking a cruise in Ha Long bay, studying the Vietnam war at the Cu Chi Tunnels, or seeing the effects of the Western world on the development of South East Asia.

SEMESTER PROGRAMS INCLUDE MULTIPLE TERMS:

TERM 1:
Asia: Dynasties | Tokyo, Mt. Fuji Region, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Busan, Daegu, Seoul

Course Offered:
Grade 12 World Issues, Grade 12 International Business, Grade 12 Economics, Grade 12 Modern Media, Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Studies in Literature

TERM 2:
South East Asia: Global Issues | Hanoi, Mui Ne, Ho Chi Minh City, Siem Reap, Phnom

TERM 3:
New Zealand, Australia & Bali: Trailblazers | Queenstown, Milford Sound, Sydney, Blue Mountains, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Tablelands, Canggu, Ubud

Program Highlights

• 10:1 Student to staff ratio (maximum)
  • Earning Ministry-approved Credits
  • Touring Famous UNESCO Heritage Sites
  • Culturally Immersive Experiences

Erika

Nothing Can Too This

Amazing. Honestly this trip is outstanding. This trip is probably the coolest thing I have ever done. It allows you to see different perspectives of the world, step out of your comfort zone and meet your future besties. Truly, I wish to do it all over again. This program keeps you on your toes both physically and academically. The friends and memories I made in this trip are indescribable. Also if you like adventure I highly suggest MEI, the excursions we did were unreal: Zip-Lining in Cambodia, Scuba Diving in the Great Barrier Reef, Swim in waterfalls in Bali. I know nothing is perfect but this trip comes pretty close to perfection.

LIVE IN THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU WILL BE BACK SLEEPING IN YOUR BED
Alex

MEI Abroad (Australia/Bali)

I had an absolutely amazing time on the Trailblazers trip. I made incredibly strong connections with all of the students and teachers and would not trade my experience for anything else. I HIGHLY recommend this trip to everybody who has a strong passions for adventure, making new friends, learning, and having fun! I fell in love with Australia and Bali, and can’t wait to be able to travel back one day. MEI truly made being on the road feel like home. Since being back, I have maintained strong relationships with everybody from the trip, and can’t wait to visit everyone soon.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was smoothie bowls! And I wish I had learned about them sooner. Although I have to say they taste much better in Bali than they do in Toronto. I also tried many dishes I can not remember the names of but were delicious.
Lola

MEI Trailblazers

My adventure with MEI was an unforgettable, life changing experience. From the places we went to the people we went with, everything and everyone was amazing. You meet a whole new group of people that become your family, including your teachers. With spending every day together, you grow together, learn together and are able to experience the world together which is so great. I recommend MEI to any student or teenager that is adventurous, wants to see the world, wants more out of school or life, or needs help finding themselves.

madison

Once in a Lifetime Experience

MEI was the most amazing experience! I made some incredible, life long friendships, saw very beautiful places, and had the best teachers. They offer a good blend of academics and fun while taking us to all of the major tourist attractions in each location assuring we don’t miss out on anything. Living away from home without my parents taught me a lot of independence and helped prepare me for going away to school best year. My business class with Simon was the best course I have ever taken, he is the best teacher I have ever had. If you have the opportunity to go on this trip, do it!

My advice would be to put your phone down. Try to live in the moment and don’t get caught up on whats going on at home. Moments pass by and you don’t even realize it until you’re looking back.
sierra

the adventure of a lifetime!

Going on MEI was one of the best decisions I could have ever made. Not only did we have this amazing opportunity to travel, meet amazing people, and be taught by the best teachers, but we were able to experience what is truly means to adventure, explore, and just feel alive. If you want to escape the ordinary, and truly step outside of your comfort zone, this is the trip for you. Every morning of these 90 days I woke up excited and eager for the adventure this new day would bring. Each day filled with unforgettable places, friends, experiences and moments, moments filled with pure joy and vitality. But on top of all this, I was also able to grow personally. MEI gives you just the right amount of guidance to help you gain independence and leadership, learn responsibly and help you find and forge this new and better version of yourself.

I would recommend that you truly just live in the moment as much as possible. Every single moment of this trip is special, and so you should try to be the most present you can be. Try and avoid being wrapped up on your phone too much, and try to keep your home life at home. Don’t dwell on what you might be “missing out on” overseas, because you are definitely not missing out on anything! You get out of this trip whatever you put into it! Also, try and get to know everyone on the trip. Don’t just stick to your own little group, branch out! I can assure you that you will have a lot more fun that way.
Sophie

The trip of a life time.

Even if it might seem scary to explore an unknown part of the world with an unknown group of people, it was one of the best decisions of my life. The teachers are incredible and strive to create a strong sense of independence, community, and curiosity in all students. This program is the reason I finally enjoy school. It gave me a new point of view on the world we live in. It is incredibly safe and I wish I could do it again. I strongly recommend this trip to any student looking for an adventure!

Don’t be scared to try new things and work towards a healthy work and play balance
Kate

Absolutely Unforgettable

I did 3 months of travel with MEI all throughout Asia and Australia. I was SO nervous when the trip started but after just a few days our group started to feel like a family. I met some of the best people and a couple I now consider my best friends. I promise you won’t find teachers that care as much as the ones on MEI. They are there for whatever you need. Not to mention they’re just amazing people. I noticed so much personal growth while I was on the trip. I really discovered who I was and who I wanted to be. I also feel like coming off of the trip, I know myself so much better. You get a chance to be super independent and manage a lot of your schedule. It taught me to use my time wisely and definitely prepared me for future schooling and university. The trip might seem a little scary but it will be the best thing you can do. Travel the world with your future best friends. I promise you won’t regret it.

Enjoy every moment. You’ll always wish you were still travelling. Manage your time well. Explore, do some more exploring and once you think you’ve explored enough, do some more. There are so many things to see.
Benoit

Personal Growth

This trip provided me with life long friends and memories. Throughout our travels from country to country we all bonded between students and with the teachers. The courses provided us with a lot of knowledge on the places we visited and the activities we did. Being able to experience these culture and cities really gave me a new point of view on my life and the world and I would do it again and again. From the people to the places, my MEI trip will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
On the first day of our journey we woke up in Beijing and we were brought to the Great Wall. Our trip started off with such a high and never went back down.