High School Summer Abroad Program: International Business

Why Circumnavigate the Globe While Studying Business and English?

The next phase of the world economy will see the East and West in close partnership to navigate the new world market. This course offers students a unique experience in the way these two worlds conduct business in six key cities of the global marketplace.

Imagine walking onto the live trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, or learning universal strategies utilized by successful business players in North America, Asia, and Europe. As we cross the globe, students engage with professionals of diverse backgrounds, from stockbrokers working the floor, business owners marketing their product and venture capitalists promoting a dream. The International Business programs includes five weeks of overseas travel and learning in Toronto, New York City, London, Paris, Hong Kong, and Beijing.

Matthew

MEI Changed My Life

In Summer 2016, I traveled with MEI Academy on their International Business Program to New York City, London, Paris, Hong Kong, and Beijing. This journey changed my outlook on life in so many ways. Whether it is the constantly changing environments or immersive academics, MEI Academy provided an experience that has forever changed my life. The professional yet down to earth teachers make the program truly special. You are surrounded by educators and students who have competed to be there. That and so much more is what made MEI Academy the best decision of my life.

Grace

My Amazing MEI Experience

I took part in the MEI International Business program in 2015, the summer before going into grade 12. Upon entering the program I had no idea what I was passionate about or if I even enjoyed business. I can say with complete confidence this program is the reason I know what I wish to do with my future and know how to achieve my goals. This program gave me experiences I could never have dreamed of while preparing me for university and my future. From the diversity of class material and travel destinations I learnt about my interests, strengths, and how to be successful. This trip allowed me to find my passion and plan for my future with confidence in myself and my abilities. The program is created to keep you busy, focused, motivated, and provide real life examples of situations you usually just read about in textbooks. The program brings opportunities to life and gives you the knowledge and skills needed to be prepared for a successful future. This trip was the best experience of my life and has given me knowledge I could not have received from a textbook or traditional classroom. I would highly recommend this program to anyone, whether you feel passionate about business or your not 100% sure, it changes the way you see the world and yourself.

Madison

My MEI Academy Experience

This past summer I participated in the International Business program with MEI Academy and I couldn't be happier with how well it has prepared me to enter university studying business next year. Since returning I have a new found love for the opportunities in business and have gotten involved with a DECA club at my high school competing in case study events against other students from all over Ontario. This program prepared me with the presentation skills and knowledge needed to enter the business world and ultimately contributed to my success of 8th place in Ontario for my category at DECA Provincials! The program focuses on an array of different aspects of business from real estate to the stock market and everything in between and I have no doubts that this program has provided me with the assets I need to enter university and the business field.The MEI Academy programs truly have an endless amount of benefits when it comes to character and academic development. For myself, I have never been an amazing English student but MEI focuses on creating concise, creative writers that think critically and when reflecting upon my experience with MEI, I could not agree more. Upon returning I have noticed that my public speaking, presentation skills and writing have all improved drastically and become second nature. We are encouraged to journal each morning to warm up our brains and organize our thoughts. This forms a habit to get your thoughts out and organize them in a way that is understandable and clear and I hope to continue this habit and maintain my writing skills.

Matthew

Most Memorable Experience and University Preparation

While on my journey across the world, there were many memorable moments which will stick with me for the rest of my life. If I were to pick one moment in which I believe would top my list, it would be the trek we took to the private beach in Hong Kong. As a class, we were able to just sit back and reflect on how far we had came since the start of the trip and realize how fortunate we all were to have the opportunity to experience something so special. We played frisbee on the beach, swam in the ocean, had lunch together, and even got to write our own song about another classmate which provided some excellent entertainment! It was this moment which ultimately showed me how great the world is and how much it truly has to offer! Having the opportunity to step outside of the four walls of the classroom taught me crucial skills that will help me to be a more independent and successful individual during my future experiences at post secondary school. There is a strong sense of independence and responsibility on MEI programs which I believe are key fundamentals for building a well rounded confident background. Next year at post secondary school, I can confidently say that I will be able to comfortably live on my own and take care of responsibilities such as homework, while having a healthy balance with my friends and family. MEI really taught me the importance of prioritizing and maintaining a healthy balance between responsibility and leisure.

Isaac

Life changing experience

This MEI program is fantastic. The International Business East meets West program gives you a taste of what life in business is really like and how to work with deadlines. By the end you know if you are cut out for a commerce program or not. I loved the competition of the Apprentice Challenges and Dragon's Den. Our group was lucky to have Joe Mei as our lead teacher. He is the kind of person that changes the way you see the world and inspires you to achieve great things. The teacher assistants were also excellent and lots of fun. I especially liked our morning workouts and Ultimate Frisbee games in Central Park, at the Tower of London and in front of the Louvre. My most memorable activity was being 'lost' at the beach in Hong Kong and of course winning $500 for the London Apprentice!

More free time in London to see the sites.
Some hotel rooms were a tight fit for 4.

About MEI International Academy

With MEI International Academy you'll need to bring your passport, because the world is our classroom. Rather than a typical exchange program, high school students and recent graduates from around the world travel from city to city and country to...