- Costa Rica
View Other Details
Learn to surf (or hone your skills) while working to protect the ocean that you'll get to know intimately. Whale Bay is home to delicate ecosystems that could use support: lend a hand on whatever projects are most in need at the time: support research initiatives, engage in anti-erosion projects or assist marine biologist with ongoing work. There will be plenty of time to thoroughly explore the ocean, beaches and coastal areas during your two-week adventure!
Service Hours: 35
Program Theme: Environmental Stewardship / Sports Leadership
- Stay active with surf sessions and other activities with Bodhi Surf School
- Work alongside locals on environment- and community-based projects
- Zipline, snorkel and boat at Caño Island
- Dive deep into issues pertaining to environmental conservation and ocean stewards ship
- Get a taste of the "pura vida" lifestyle through workshops, cuisine and community immersion
GLA IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Scholarship
The goal of our scholarship is to provide inclusion, diversity, equity and access to GLA programs.