High School Service Adventure Program in Guatemala

Learn about the cultural heritage of Guatemala while working on community-selected service projects. With Walking Tree Travel, you'll have the perfect mix of meaningful volunteer work and adventurous exploration. Spend part of your trip in a homestay in a local village, where you'll live with a Mayan family. Spend the rest of your trip seeing the sites of Guatemala, such as the beautiful cosmopolitan city of Antigua. Whether you're in the city or a small community, you'll bond with the Guatemalan people over a love of their beautiful country.

Pulls at Strings of the Heart

Guatemala was a country like non other that I had traveled to before. I was looking forward to being in a tropical country, mingling with the locals, drinking amazing coffee and doing some sort of community service while I was there. I did all those things, but the impact that this program had on me and the other students on this program is one that could not have been anticipated. We saw a variety of places in Guatemala from beautiful and rural communities playing soccer in the town square, to volcano views at the calm and silver Lake Atilan. I became apart of the host family that I stayed with, talking about a variety of topics, learning a new language and helping to even cook! I felt safe and included throughout the entire program. The service project was sustainable and meaningful. We worked along side the locals to build a house. It was hard hard work but it was all worth it. I loved my program leaders who were able to answer any questions I had about Guatemala, Spanish, the culture, the economy etc. They were always so supportive and energetic.