High School Service Adventure Program in Guatemala

Learn about the cultural heritage of Guatemala while working on community-selected service projects. With Walking Tree Travel, you'll have the perfect mix of meaningful volunteer work and adventurous exploration. Spend part of your trip in a homestay in a local village, where you'll live with a Mayan family. Spend the rest of your trip seeing the sites of Guatemala, such as the beautiful cosmopolitan city of Antigua. Whether you're in the city or a small community, you'll bond with the Guatemalan people over a love of their beautiful country.

Pulls at Strings of the Heart

Guatemala was a country like non other that I had traveled to before. I was looking forward to being in a tropical country, mingling with the locals, drinking amazing coffee and doing some sort of community service while I was there. I did all those things, but the impact that this program had on me and the other students on this program is one that could not have been anticipated. We saw a variety of places in Guatemala from beautiful and rural communities playing soccer in the town square, to volcano views at the calm and silver Lake Atilan. I became apart of the host family that I stayed with, talking about a variety of topics, learning a new language and helping to even cook! I felt safe and included throughout the entire program. The service project was sustainable and meaningful. We worked along side the locals to build a house. It was hard hard work but it was all worth it. I loved my program leaders who were able to answer any questions I had about Guatemala, Spanish, the culture, the economy etc. They were always so supportive and energetic.

About Walking Tree Travel

Walking Tree Travel aims to educate the next generation of globally conscious citizens by bringing them to explore the world around them. With unique programs that encourage students to take part in adventure travel, cultural immersion, conduct...