Tap into the literary legacy of Ireland and draw inspiration for your own original writing. Explore Dublin, a UNESCO City of Literature, with your workshop group and leaders. Participate in personalized exercises in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing for stage & screen, and hybrid forms as you take inspiration from the people and cultures you encounter. Share your work and receive feedback from your peers and leaders. Attend literary readings and traditional music concerts, and visit parks, award-winning theatres, and storied public houses. Take day trips to hike winding paths over starkly green hills, explore grand Anglo-Irish estates, or stroll the cobbled alleyways and 19th-century oceanfront promenades of nearby fishing villages. Travel to an island off Ireland's western coast for a three-day writers’ retreat. Hike, swim, and explore this rugged island as you write, workshop, and revise. Then return to Dublin for a reading of your original work on the last night of your program.
- Write in cafés and monasteries, and on beaches and craggy cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
- Gain inspiration for your writing from the city of Dublin and a remote island off Ireland's western coast
- Participate in individualized writing excercises designed to help you produce original poetry, prose, writing for stage and screen, and more
- Receive feedback from your peers and instructors, revise, and read your original work at a student-organized reading on the final night of the program
- Get feedback on your writing from a special guest writer