High School Summer Abroad Program: Ancient World Odyssey

High School Summer Abroad Program: Ancient World Odyssey

Why Study Classics and English in the Ancient World?

Imagine listening to epic stories of gladiatorial combat while standing in the sands of the Colosseum, studying on the steps of the Parthenon, or walking the cobblestoned streets of Constantine's ancient capital.

The Ancient World Odyssey program is a leap back in time, utilizing some of the most cutting-edge and interactive teaching methods, integrated into the ancient sites we explore each day of our adventure. The Ancient World Odyssey programs includes five weeks of overseas travel and learning to Rome, Pompeii, Olympia, the Peloponnese, Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos.

Program Categories
Tuition Includes -
Return airfare from Toronto's Pearson International Airport
Transportation between hotel locations via private coach
Transportation for all listed program excursions
Hotels and accommodations
Breakfast and dinner daily
Entrance fees to all course-specific sites
Ministry-approved credit(s) upon successful completion of the course(s)
Custom course pack
MEI journal
Digital yearbook
Fall reunion

Life Altering!

This trip was amazing! I had three incredible and intelligent teachers who really cared. They taught me more in 35 days than in three years of high school. I have always loved history and MEI gave me a place to learn about it where it actually took place with other people who were equally as interested. More than that I was able to meet great friends who I will have for a lifetime and made memories I will always cherish.

An Experience like no Other

MEI academy has opened up my eyes to the world around me and taught me so many things. Academically, this program has pushed me to dig deeper in readings, and even when studying history and culture. In my studies, I now grasp details and focus on their purpose, which opens up so many new opportunities for opinions and theories. Secondly, I developed so many valuable skills and personality traits that I never imagined I would. Independence is the biggest thing, travelling for 5 weeks and personally being responsible for all your belongings sounds expected. However, you learn to become so aware and dependable, I could never have learned it a better way than just through experience and making mistakes. At MEI academy, you are also constantly surrounded with social opportunities because you are living with friends and other students, I learned lots about balancing school and social life and this will help me when I head to university in the fall. Finally, I learned the importance of being yourself and being kind to everyone around you. On trips such as this you do not want to waste time being shy or reluctant, because you will want that time back once your comfortable with each other. Overall, this experience exceeded my expectations and after hearing all my stories, my younger sister Jazmine has now signed up for a trip this summer!

About MEI International Academy

With MEI International Academy you'll need to bring your passport, because the world is our classroom. Rather than a typical exchange program, high school students and recent graduates from around the world travel from city to city and country to...