Experience the Peruvian Andes, learn about indigenous cultures and immerse yourself in rural Andean life while exploring the Sacred Valley.
With SStS, you will have the chance to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our trusted NGO partner, the Llama Pack Project. As part of your work, you will teach environmental education classes and support a conservation project.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the ecology and culture of the Sacred Valley, experience rural Andean life, trek with llamas and visit Machu Picchu.
As part of your experience, you will learn about ethical leadership and global citizenship through SStS's unique Five Lens Curriculum. In addition, you will be immersed in the Spanish language throughout your time in Peru.
THE SSTS DIFFERENCE:
-Small groups (10-12 students)
-Expert course instructors
-Trusted NGO partners
- Work with children at a local school in the Sacred Valley.
- Learn about Llama Pack Project's unique llama breeding program.
- Spend 7 nights camping in a high Andean community.
- Tour sites in the Sacred Valley while learning about conservation efforts.
- Visit Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.