Semester and Term Programs in Europe

Spring Semester

Picture yourself retracing Louis XIV’s footsteps in the Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles, or trekking through the snow-capped Swiss Alps. Imagine swimming in the Aegean Sea, studying the Caesars in the Roman Forum, or debating the effects of the World Wars from the trenches in Germany.

SEMESTER PROGRAMS INCLUDE MULTIPLE TERMS:

TERM 1:
Greece and Rome: Empires | Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, The Peloponnese, Olympia, Rome, Tuscany, Florence

Courses Offered: Grade 12 Classical Civilization, Grade 12 Philosophy, Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Phys-Ed

TERM 2:
Europe: Kingdoms | Porto, Lisbon, The Algarve, Málaga, Barcelona, Paris, Strasbourg, The Swiss Alps, Munich

Courses Offered: Grade 12 World History, Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Phys-Ed

Rogan

Experience of a lifetime!

This trip is one of the most meaningful things I've ever been apart of. It's everything life has to offer thrown at you each morning at 7 am.
Every day is another hike, another "best meal I've ever had!", another breath taking scene, another piece of human history being explained while you literally sit in the spot "it" happened. For me it has been the perspective of the world as a whole you take away that no doubt has improved my operating system. I could not recommend this highly enough!

Elizabeth

Life changing

I loved every second of my MEI Trip! The teaching style on the trip was hands-on and experiential, which really helped me grasp the concepts I was learning. Being on-site for every lesson helped me to understand the bigger picture, which in turn helped boost my grades as things finally started to click. Getting PE credit from going on hikes and working out across Western Europe was amazing; what's better, getting PE credit running laps or hiking the Swiss Alps? Since MEI I have been fully committed to learning more about the world than what I had been exposed to in my small town prior to the Spring Semester and have had my eyes opened to an entirely new way of learning. I thoroughly enjoyed my semester abroad with MEI and would recommend it to anyone inquiring.

Derek

Couldn't have asked for more!

This program changed the way I view going to school. It has introduced me to some amazing people that I will stay close with and has shown me how much the world has to teach us. The teachers on this program were incredible and I felt like I really connected with them. Totally recommend traveling with MEI and taking a semester to walk the streets of Paris, hike the Swiss Alps, and meander the coast of the Greek Islands over the same halls you've walked since grade 9!

Ted

Completely changed my life

My experience with the Spring Semester program completely changed my life. The approach to education and the Ethos that MEI provides was such a unique and enriching experience, that I decided to become a teacher BECAUSE of my time with MEI. The leaders and support staff are the best teachers out there, and there's nothing better than learning about the material ON SITE! I loved my experience, and reccomend it to anyone who wants to be inspired.

Brodie

Spring 2011

Almost seven years later and I am still close to the friends I made on this journey! The spring semester is the perfect program for students wanting to travel through Western Europe with both like-minded peers and educators who want to push your limits. Through morning workouts, hikes, readings, assignments, and everything in between, you will return healthier, smarter, and with more of a desire to explore the world than ever before!