Summerfuel: Spanish Immersion Homestay in Conil, Spain

Spain World Cup Watch Party
Summerfuel: Spanish Language Immersion in Conil, Spain
Summerfuel: Spanish Language Immersion in Conil, Spain
Our Spanish family

For three decades, Summerfuel has provided high school students with the unique opportunity for in-depth language and cultural immersion in Spain. Designed for students with at least two years of high school Spanish, the program combines a three-week or four-week homestay experience with classroom-based language study, daily activities and weekend excursions throughout Andalusia. The combination of intensive formal language instruction with real-life immersion in the country’s daily life and culture helps students to achieve fluency and confidence in Spanish, while gaining an intimate understanding and appreciation for Spain’s rich history and traditions.

Students must have completed at least two years of high school Spanish to participate.

Berkeley Pre-College Webinar: Listen Today!

Did you miss our Berkeley Pre-College Webinar?

It's not too late after all! Listen to Kristal Funk, Pre-College at UC Berkeley Program Director, as she shares the inside scoop about life as a Summerfuel student at Berkeley. From favorite Berkeley eats to what to expect in your classes, Kristal will cover it all.
Don't miss this chance to get a sneak peek into a summer at Berkeley!

CLICK HERE FOR RECORDING

Elizabeth

Amazing homestay experience in Cádiz, Spain

Summerfuel Cádiz was the first time I traveled abroad without my family. I was 15-years old and it was the first summer I did not return to the sleep away summer camp I had gone to for many years. In Cádiz, I got to stay with a local family and one other student from America. My roommate and I developed such a strong bond with our host family that we have actually gone back to Cádiz a handful of times since the end of our program to visit them. We also still call our host parents "mama" and "papa". One of my favorite memories was our Sunday family beach day. Each Sunday, we packed up the car and drove across the city to my "parents'" favorite beach and had a little picnic while we enjoyed the beautiful coastline of Andalusia. I also enjoyed the activities built into our summer calendars such as flamenco classes, the tapas tour, and World Cup watch parties that Summerfuel organized for us so we could take part in cheering on the Spanish National team. I came out of this summer (summer 2010) with numerous new friendships, a new sense of independence and interest in adventure, and a fervent love for Spain. I can't recommend this program enough. Homestay is the way to go!!

Honestly, many of us wished the program was longer! Four weeks sounds like a long time to be away from home but by the end of the program, we wanted nothing more than to stay.
Rose

Best Summer of My Life

My spanish improved soooo much, and I am now even more interested in Spanish at school than I was before. The program is a great mixture of education and fun, because there is time for both. Plus, Even when you are just having fun, you can't help but learn Spanish because you are in Spain. There is plenty of freedom, so the staff doesn't treat you like young kids at summer camp. This program is perfect for you if you like the beach, small towns, ice cream. I am glad I did this program because I do not like touristy things like touring churches and museums and stuff like that, so this was perfect because we only did one weekend of stuff like that. My host family was absolutely perfect for me and I am still in touch with them. I hope to go back soon!

The classes in the morning were very short, but very boring. I was in the least advanced class so it was a lot of review.

Location:
Barcelona–El Prat
( BCN )
Palma De Mallorca
( PMI )

Come to Spain for its beautiful beaches, variety of culture, and amazing food and wine, specifically, tapas! Each region shines with its own individuality and reflects Spain's remarkable history as one of the world's strongest empires. Get to know the country famous for fiestas, siestas, toros, tapas, and vino!

About Summerfuel

It's Your Future. Make Summer Count. For over 30 years, Summerfuel has been offering innovative and engaging summer opportunities in the US and Europe. Students who join our challenging pre-college programs, or our authentic study abroad and language...