View Other Details
medical/evacuation insurance for all participants confirmed 30 days or more prior to expedition start date
trip cancelation insurance (highly recommended)
international airfare and meals during travel
beverages outside of designated meals
snacks during trek (there is plenty of food provided and you can purchase snacks at your lodge)
OneSeed Innovation Labs are 2-week, international summer learning experiences for high school students entering their junior or senior year. OneSeed Labs are designed to immerse students in the unfamiliar and to encourage them to think critically about the world around them. Students will learn concepts in entrepreneurship, social impact, the basics of design thinking, and product design before implementing their very own small business idea. They will discover real-world challenges during a three night homestay in the Nronga Village and two day trekking experience in the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro, before heading back to Moshi to design and implement their own real-world solution. Along the way, the student will be exposed to concepts in design thinking, cross-cultural collaboration, and active listening to hone their skills in leadership, creativity, and relationship building.
- Spend two days trekking in the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Spend three nights in a homestay in Nronga village
- Explore, Discover, & Launch your own small business idea
- An introduction to invaluable tools to help tackle real-world problems.
- A chance to develop leadership skills, foster curiosity, and build new friendships while gaining an appreciation for another country and culture.