Debrett's International Young Achiever - Program Closed

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Debrett's.

Debrett’s Young Achiever Programme is for international students aged between 12 and 16 who plan to attend boarding school or university in the UK. The ten-day programme, which takes place in London, gives a unique insight into life in the UK, including British traditions and etiquette in educational, social and professional worlds. The programme balances fun activities with interactive workshops, which focus on improving social skills and building confidence to bring about positive changes in outlook and attitude. Students are also equipped with the practical skills to negotiate the application and interview processes, and to network confidently with their peers and prospective influencers. The Young Achiever Programme includes excursions to Oxford, the Houses of Parliament, and other historical British landmarks, ensuring it’s the highlight of any student's summer.

Chen

Danny

i'm very happy in there, in this 10 days. i have so many activity, i most like the boat at the river. it so funny. my english get some big improve in here. i like it so much! l learn many knowledge in this. like how to wear a suit, and how to make a very successful suit. how to use the knife and the fork. and we have talk about the john. he is a lawyer. and we play the game with ball. it is so funny for me. i love it !!

can have some more funny place, like a theme park.
Zoe

Debrett's Young Achiever 2016

The best thing about the Debrett's Young Achiever programme is how so many different people with completely different backgrounds come together and form unique friendships, whilst learning highly valuable life skills and participating in amazing activities. The programme is a truly incredible experience and has helped me personally develop my social skills. Being with such interesting people has been inspiring and i would definitely recommend this programme to everyone.

Grace

Debrett's Young Achiever 2016

I have genuinely loved my time as a Debrett's Young Achiever. Its been an amazing experience and I have done things and met people that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. Everything has been enjoyable from the interview skills lessons to the speedboat on the river Thames to the intense Rounders games on the Common. As fun as those things were it is the people that have really made my time here incredible. All of the tutors have been so lovely and supportive and I hope to have made life long friends in the other Young Achievers.

Tom

Debater's Young Achiever 2016

For me, the Debrett's programme has been an extremely well thought out and enriching experience. Initially I was nervous as I didn't know quite what to expect, however I was made to feel welcome as soon as I walked through the door of the Young Achiever house, a generously appointed townhouse which overlooked the common. Luckily, there was a hairdryer waiting for me in my dorm, which was an extremely welcome sight! The combination of activities and lessons were extremely useful and expertly informed, with many of the lessons being led by industry leaders. Each of the tutors were very welcoming and friendly, and took the time to create a personal bond with every student. Overall, I strongly recommend the programme and I wish I wasn't too old to take part again next year!

Use an actual tour guide at the Houses Of Parliament instead of following the audio tour.
Saga

Debrett's Young Achiever 2016

The Young Achiever program has helped my understanding in dining etiquette, social communication, and first impressions. When i walked into the door i was really nervous speaking to everyone knowing that everyone was older than me. After a day or two i got to know everyone quite well, and became good friends with Zoe and Tom. All the tutors have been very nice and understanding, I really enjoyed talking to Miranda and Tim.

Matthew

Debrett's Young Achiever 2016

The Young Achiever programme is the best programme I have ever attended. I learnt so much during this ten day programme and I would not think for a minute that I could find this kind balance between fun activities and learning anywhere else. The main aspect of the programme that stood out to me during the programme was that everything we had learnt got to put into practice. Not only did this greatly enhance the learning experience I got but it was also a chance for me to pick out everything I did well and other things I could improve on.
In my opinion, the time I spent at the Debrett's Young Achiever Programme will greatly benefit me in later life.

About Debrett's

Debrett's has been the recognized authority on British style, etiquette and achievement for nearly 250 years, ever since the first edition of the Peerage was published in 1769. More recently, we have been known for our best-selling etiquette guides,...