Travel For Teens: USA

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Travel For Teens has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Join us this summer and discover the best that the United States has to offer! Explore the uniquely different states of California, Alaska, and Hawaii and discover what makes each wonderfully amazing! This itinerary highlights the awe-inspiring nature and stunning cities that these three states are famous for and is the perfect balance of adventure, community service, and cultural immersion.

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Popular Programs

Pacific Northwest Explorer (11 Days)

Join us as we take the road trip of a lifetime throughout America's Pacific Northwest. From Seattle to San Francisco, you will see some of the most amazing sites in both beautiful landscapes and bustling cities that we explore!

USA and Canada National Parks Road Trip (22 Days)

For those who love adventure and nature, join as us we venture out on the open roads of the USA and Canada to see eight unique national parks on this action-packed 22-day journey. Climb red rocks, raft through white waters, ride horses through the mountains, and even trek acoss glaciers! So pack your bags and hop on board this North American road trip of a lifetime!

USA Adventure (11 Days)

Join us this summer as we seek incredible experiences in five equally breathtaking national parks in the USA! This 11-day program includes action-acked adventure activities paired with awesome cities and stunning natural beauty. So pack your bags and hop on board this American road trip of a lifetime!

USA West Coast Adventure (22 Days)

Get ready for the road trip of a lifetime as you explore the quirky Pacific Northwest and epic Southwest on this action-packed 22-day program. Relax on the shores of Lake Tahoe, check out the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, and discover the mighty Grand Canyon on the ultimate American road trip!

Gabriela

why I recommend Trace For Teens

The second I got off the plan at LAX everyone was so welcoming and nice to me and immediately all my fears of being homesick or missing my friends went away and I enjoyed myself for the two weeks on my trip wishing it was longer. I have met so many amazing people on the trip and I wouldn’t change it for the world I got to try new foods and go places I have never been before seeing the Grand Canyon in real life was breathtaking and if someone has the opportunity they should take it. The travel for teens counselors set rules that made me feel safe and comfortable being by myself in a place I have never been before.

It’s good to get out of your comfort zone and this is the perfect way to do it.
Madison

my first TFT trip

My first TFT trip was incredible. I got to see the various types of beauty found along the pacific west cost from national parks to vibrant cities. One of my favorite parts of the trip was going to Lake Tahoe. We were able to fish which was a lot more fun than had first expected. The view was breathtaking and the water remarkably warm. Looking over pictures of this part of the trip makes me want to go back so badly. Not only were the destinations wonderful but so were the TFT staff. They were immensely caring and fun people to be around. Some of my fondest favorite memories came from those friendships. One of my favorite aspects of this trip was that we were taught to be travelers not tourists. Where we are encourage to seek and explore all corners of the earth. I loved my TFT trip and I hope to never stop traveling

This program was amazing and I had an awesome experience. The only thing that could use improvement is affordability. I had to pay for half of this trip because these programs can get pretty expensive. Maybe have some sort of scholarships available for participants with a financial need.
Sydney

Alaska for Older Teens was a great trip!

No one would really think that if they could travel, they would go to Alaska. I was totally like that. But after seeing what this trip had to offer, I decided to sign up and do it. It was such an amazing experience! By far, my favourite Travel for Teens trip. I was with a small group and we all got along so great. The activities were amazing like going sea kayaking and seeing seals, going hiking and seeing a herd of wild goats and a glacier, and going whitewater rafting down a canyon! I would totally do this trip again, if I could, I loved it so much. Travel for Teens is a great company to travel with because you’re going with great kids your age and you’re very safe. Also, the dinners and breakfasts are included and the counsellors, food and accommodations are great! I absolutely love Travel for Teens and would totally recommend signing up for the USA for Older Teens: Alaska Service & Adventure trip (only if you like the outdoors though).

The only thing I would improve is to minimize the amount of time we spent camping and spend it on going into a town or doing another adventure activity.
Wendy

California and the Grand Canyon!

Travel for Teens creates a wholesome experience for its campers by carefully planning activities that cover a big range, from watching a show in Las Vegas to sea kayaking in San Diego. My third trip with Travel for Teens covered Las Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Arizona in 11 days! It was action packed with things like Disneyland, a bike tour through Santa Monica, and exploring Grand Canyon National Park! My favorite part of the trip was exploring Arizona! Along with the Grand Canyon, we explored Horseshoe bend and Antelope Canyon! Walking through Antelope Canyon was a sight to behold, with the red rocks contrasting the blue sky above. It was stunning. I always leave my Travel for Teens trips with lifelong friends and memories, and I couldn't be more grateful for my experiences with this company.

Be open to getting out of your comfort zone! This is a big part of traveling, and it is the best way to grow as an individual!
Kianna

Hawaii: Sea Turtle Service and Adventure

Over the summer going into my senior year of high school I took a trip with TFT to Hawaii. I wanted to go out of the country, but my mom was skeptical. I honestly decided to go to Hawaii because it was the farthest state away from home for me. Before going on the trip, I never really thought about what I wanted to major in at college. I can honestly say that TFT gave me the push start on my current major and helped me find my passion. During the trip, we did beach clean ups, learned about sea turtles, and hung out with some local children. I got volunteer service hours while having so much fun. I had the best time and met so many amazing people. I am a freshman in college now studying conservation biology at the University of Minnesota. I still to this day keep in contact with some of the people I met on that trip and I am so thankful I did it. To anyone thinking about traveling with TFT- I highly recommend it.

Sam

Travel For Teens Hello California for Younger Teens

On my TFT trip, I had the most amazing time. Not only did I get to explore a few cool cities, but I was supported by the best staff. I instantly became extremely close friends with the other kids on TFT trip. Everyone who went was so nice, and within minutes after my arrival in San Diego, any nervous energy I felt had been let go. Over those two weeks, I learned how to be independent, and trust myself as well as how to rely on other kids my age. I loved swimming in the Pacific ocean. I had so many favorite parts that I can't choose one. We stayed at this incredibly beautiful mountainside lodge in Lake Tahoe, it was so nice. The last night of my trip was really fun. All the kids stayed up together and talked about how much we would miss each other. 2 years later, I hung out with a few of my friends from the trip a month ago. Go on a TFT trip, it an adventure that you'd be crazy to miss. The connections you will make can last a lifetime.

There were almost no problems! The one issue that came up on the trip regarding the quality of housing was solved professionally and extremely quickly!
Kianna

Amazing Hawaii!

This trip was the best I have ever been on! I made so many new friends from across the country. It was so beautiful and eye-opening! I learned so much while having fun at the same time. The counselors were wonderful and I felt safe the entire time! They always made sure everyone was doing okay and accounted for. I think there was a perfect amount of freedom on the trip! It was the best experience I could have ever had. Hawaii is so beautiful and everyday we did something fun! I would recommend this trip and program to anyone.

It could be improved by making it longer!
Sammy

Hawaii Sea Turtle Service

As someone who previously didn’t travel much before this trip I now have a stronger passion and am more confident with traveling. Going to Hawaii was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I got to learn so much. I never felt unsafe and got to meet so many new people. I got to try new activities and new foods! I also got to do service for the community and knowing that I helped out definitely felt good! If I could go on this trip again I would!

I wouldn’t have changed anything about this trip!