• United States of America

Hotel
Nov 03, 2022
Nov 14, 2022
25 travelers are looking at this program

Join us this summer and discover the best that the United States has to offer! With programs in Hawaii, Alaska, California, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Florida and Maine, you're sure to find an unforgettable adventure in every corner of the country! Explore the uniquely different states and discover what makes each wonderfully amazing! These itineraries highlight the awe-inspiring nature and stunning cities that these states are famous for and is the perfect balance of adventure, community service, and cultural immersion.

Popular Programs

Pacific Northwest Explorer (11 Days)

Join us as we take the road trip of a lifetime throughout America's Pacific Northwest. From Seattle to San Francisco, you will see some of the most amazing sites in both beautiful landscapes and bustling cities that we explore!

USA and Canada National Parks Road Trip (22 Days)

For those who love adventure and nature, join as us we venture out on the open roads of the USA and Canada to see eight unique national parks on this action-packed 22-day journey. Climb red rocks, raft through white waters, ride horses through the mountains, and even trek acoss glaciers! So pack your bags and hop on board this North American road trip of a lifetime!

USA Adventure (11 Days)

Join us this summer as we seek incredible experiences in five equally breathtaking national parks in the USA! This 11-day program includes action-acked adventure activities paired with awesome cities and stunning natural beauty. So pack your bags and hop on board this American road trip of a lifetime!

USA West Coast Adventure (22 Days)

Get ready for the road trip of a lifetime as you explore the quirky Pacific Northwest and epic Southwest on this action-packed 22-day program. Relax on the shores of Lake Tahoe, check out the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, and discover the mighty Grand Canyon on the ultimate American road trip!

• 5 rating 94.44%
  • 4 rating 5.56%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Alex

Pacific Northwest Adventure + California Adventure

I did both the Pacific Northwest Adventure and California Summer trips and I loved them! The itinerary presented so many activities in so many places, most of which concentrated in city life, but some hiking and nature activities were mixed in. One of my favorite things about how Travel for Teens operates their trips is that there is built in free time, where you can do whatever you want to do for that few hour period. My group went to watch a red carpet premiere in Santa Monica for one of these times. The staff are also incredible! 10/10 would recommend Travel for Teens!

Pros
  • Great Staff
  • Encouraging, but not pushy staff
  • Great kids, though of course this probably isn't always the case
Cons
  • Lots of hours spent traveling
Elizabeth

Travel For Teens: Florida Keys Marine Conservation

My trip with Travel For Teens was one of the most positive and engaging experiences of my life! I visited Florida with them, and it was such an effective and great way to see Florida and all that it has to offer. I felt that I was fully immersed and exposed to everywhere we went, thanks to my lovely trip directors who were so much fun. I met so many new people from so many different places, and it is hard to explain how much fun I had with them and the experiences we had along the way. My passion for travel shined and grew from this trip and program. The places we went to and the new people and friends that I made, made the trip what it was - such an amazing experience. I gained and learned so much from this trip and cannot wait until next summer to visit somewhere new!

Pros
  • Full immersion and exposure to where you are visiting
  • Super fun activities and experiences but with freedom
  • Safety and comfort everywhere
Elizabeth

Travel For Teens: USA

Pros
  • Full immersion and exposure to where you are visiting
  • Super fun activities and experiences but with freedom
  • Safety and comfort everywhere
Olivia

Amazing Alaska

I would say Alaska was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but because of this trip I definitely dream about going back. It took me a minute to adjust to the sun not setting and it still being bright at 3 am. But because it was so bright I could stay up later laughing, talking, exploring, and learning. I did not take this trip for granted. The staff and even kids on this trip encouraged each other to really observe where we were. I had never drunk so much water in one summer - everyone was really hydrated. The staff also really encouraged us to try new foods and drinks - I tried reindeer sausage! I felt a little homesick at times but this trip made me look beyond New Jersey and kept me in the moment. I now have a special place in my heart for Alaska.

Pros
  • Beautiful - great for pictures
  • food was phenomenal
  • made so many memories with people I still talk to
Jessica

An experience with TFT I will always remember!

One word: magic. I will never forget my summer with TFT. Seeing parts of America I would never normally see or experience, spending days in some of the country’s most beautiful natural settings and coolest towns, with fun people. Just a great opportunity to explore our country and a different, more adventurous, kind of summer fun. We visited Utah and Colorado, two places I had been before, but not in the TFT way – hiking and climbing the State and National Parks, river walks, camping, the trip took me far beyond the ski mountains and funky towns I knew. Traveling across the country with amazing people, seeing new places, and trying new things is something you may not fully appreciate until the moment you’re there, but when that perfect day with great people in an I can’t believe I’m here place happens, it’s so memorable, My group was nice, genuine, and down to earth, people I liked sharing my days with and miss once our trip ended. Everyone was closest to one or two people but always traveled and explored as a big group, the dynamic became a group of friends experiencing new places together and making sure no one was left out. They’ve become great friends to me, sharing group chats and FaceTimes, secret Santa, talking about college together, and finding ways to see each other and stay connected across different hometowns, classes, and schedules. I have made lifelong friends, memories, and connections with these people. Lounging in the sun on an Idaho riverbank of smooth stones, finding the best tacos in a cool Montana college town, holding hands to jump across the Continental Divide together, whitewater rafting to the roar of rapids and the laughter of friends, I have hundreds of memories I’ll hold on to. Through TFT I have met some of my favorite people, made some deeply important and warm friendships, and came away loving how beautiful, diverse, and fascinating this country is. All while feeling safe and cared for and in smart, knowledgeable hands. I can’t think of a better summer or a gift from my family that I value more.

Don't feel like you have to go with someone. I was supposed to go with a friend from home, who in the end couldn't come. But I had no problem making friends. Most of the kids come by themselves so finding a buddy won't be hard. Not everyone stays on the trips for the entire session, so new travels might come on a session that is in the middle of your trip. These new travels are always welcome into the trip so you will have a chance to make new friends and hold on to people from previous sessions. But if you do come with someone, great! Branch out to new people that you and your friend can keep in contact with.
Tara

The time of my life in Hawaii

Hawaii is incredibly beautiful with all that it has to offer from mountains to oceans. Being able to travel by myself and do something this cool allowed my to expand my comfort zone when it comes to meeting new people and adventuring to new places. We got to do a lot of the fun touristy things, but we also got to do community service which included learning about the oceans/coral reefs and what we can do to protect them. The other campers on my trip were very fun and out going. Our counselors were amazing and made the trip even better than I could have imagined. This was a trip of a life time and I hope I can do more trips like this in the future. I definitely recommend doing a trip through Travel For Teens because it definitely opens doors to learning about new people, cultures, food, and much more.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest memory I have of this trip was when we visited Volcano National Park. We got to hike down a jungle path down the giant crater made from the lava. We were walking when we saw steam coming out from the ground. My counselor started running and for some reason it became a race between him and I. We ran so fast and it was so funny because it felt so surreal to be walking on what used to be flowing lava from the volcanos.
Cee

Iceland.. like no other place on Earth

My daughter has traveled with Travel for Teens for 3 summer programs. Each one more unique and amazing than the last.
Iceland was open during the Pandemic and she jumped at the chance to go. I am so proud of her openness to travel and meet new people.
The group of teens on this trip was exceptional. Well rounded, happy, positive and that made the trip even more fun. The destinations that were planned by bus or boat or hiking shoes were breathtaking.
If you want to give your teen a chance in a lifetime, go with Travel for Teens. Ned is beyond professional and will work with you to find the right place for yours child.

What was your funniest moment?
🇮🇸 Icelandic all you can eat Sushi? Avocado anyone? You’d have to be there....
Gabriela

why I recommend Trace For Teens

The second I got off the plan at LAX everyone was so welcoming and nice to me and immediately all my fears of being homesick or missing my friends went away and I enjoyed myself for the two weeks on my trip wishing it was longer. I have met so many amazing people on the trip and I wouldn’t change it for the world I got to try new foods and go places I have never been before seeing the Grand Canyon in real life was breathtaking and if someone has the opportunity they should take it. The travel for teens counselors set rules that made me feel safe and comfortable being by myself in a place I have never been before.

It’s good to get out of your comfort zone and this is the perfect way to do it.