Multiple Locations +7

Age Max

Pricing

Includes:

Return airfare from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport
Approximate airline departure taxes, surcharges and fees
Hotels and accommodations
Breakfast and dinner daily
Entrance fees to all course-specific sites
Airfare between countries
Transportation between hotel locations via private coach
Transportation for all listed program excursions
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Some Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Dec 14, 2021
Jun 07, 2022
30 travelers are looking at this program

Imagine studying Buddhism in the temples of Angkor Wat, exploring the busy streets of Tokyo and Seoul and snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef. Picture yourself taking a cruise in Ha Long bay, studying the Vietnam war at the Cu Chi Tunnels, or seeing the effects of the Western world on the development of South-East Asia.

SEMESTER PROGRAMS INCLUDE MULTIPLE TERMS:

TERM 3:
Asia: Dynasties | Tokyo, Mt. Fuji Region, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Busan, Daegu, Seoul

TERM 3:
New Zealand, Australia & Bali: Trailblazers | Queenstown, Milford Sound, Sydney, Blue Mountains, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Tablelands, Canggu, Ubud

TERM 4:
South-East Asia: Global Issues | Hanoi, Mui Ne, Ho Chi Minh City, Siem Reap, Phnom

Course Offered:
AP Human Geography, AP English Literature and Composition, Grade 12 World Issues, Grade 12 Modern Media, Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Studies in Literature, Grade 11 English

Program Highlights

• 10:1 Student to staff ratio (maximum)
  • Earning Ministry-approved Credits
  • Touring Famous UNESCO Heritage Sites
  • Culturally Immersive Experiences

Popular Programs

Cambodia

This program is for anyone interested in learning how the world works and exploring the global issues impacting our lives. In the spring semester, students will learn the inner workings of communist and capitalist economies and gain insight through case studies and assignments in cities such as Siem Reap, Seoul, and Tokyo.

Surfing in Sydney, Australia

Scuba diving, beach volleyball, mountain hikes, sunrise yoga—all in the land of sun, surf, and kangaroos... If adventure is what you are after, then this is the perfect summer program for you! You’ll travel up the coast of Australia from Sydney to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef before flying to discover the beautiful island of Bali. Come and see what you’re made of and experience what a phys-ed course can be outside of a gym.

Elefant on Safari in Tanzania

If ever there was an opportunity to transform a high school course into something genuinely unique, this is it. Become a global citizen and broaden your worldview as we immerse ourselves in the rich tapestry of Tanzania. Travel across its plains, visit Maasai villages, volunteer in a service project, and go on Safari in the Serengeti. What could be a more adventurous, and meaningful, way to earn two high school courses and connect to a beautiful culture?

• 9-10 rating 95.83%
  • 7-8 rating 4.17%
Brian

MEI Spring Semester 2022

Nothing compares to the experiences and the friends I have made on the trip. This experience has made truly life-changing remarks and allowed me to explore aspects of our world that I did not think possible. From scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef to visiting the archeological sites of Angkor Wat, MEI is the perfect mix of travel and high-quality education. Throughout my travels, I have developed a far greater sense of work ethic, teamwork and leadership abilities. My teachers were willing to go above and beyond their jobs to ensure that every student fully utilized their full potential. Furthermore, the friends that I have made on the trip will leave a permanent imprint on my heart, never would I have thought that such talented individuals existed. I could not have asked for a better final semester.

sally

Semester and Term Programs in Asia and Australia

I did the MEI big year, and it was an experience I will never forget. Although it was not what I expected, I would not trade it for any other travel program. In the span of seventy days, I was able to - ski in Whistler, dive in the Great Barrier Reef, hold a monkey in Bali,take a surfing lesson, swim in a waterfall, sing karaoke in Seoul, and many more. While doing these unforgettable experiences, I was able to learn about the world around me in a truly unique way.

MEI has changed me in ways that I cannot begin to explain. The friendships I have made while travelling with MEI will forever be cherished in my heart. The teachers have left such a mark in the way I see and appreciate the world.

I recommend MEI for anyone who can, wake up early, learn on the go, and is eager to learn about the vast world that we live in.

Evan

MEI

Experienced things that made me question, think, and pick my own brain about. In all, made me a deeper thinker. Made life long friends to travel with in the future. And had some really cool fun experience’s that I’ll never forget. Uncovered my love for travel and made me realize how I want to life my life. Is a really great program for students that want to do more then just sit in a classroom all day and learn academics that probably don’t intrige them, and instead want to learn through experience and see the world.

Pros
  • Travel experience
  • Culture immersion
  • Safe
Cons
  • Not complete freedom
  • Unique teaching that might not be for everyone
  • Can be mentally tiring
Erika

Nothing Can Too This

Amazing. Honestly this trip is outstanding. This trip is probably the coolest thing I have ever done. It allows you to see different perspectives of the world, step out of your comfort zone and meet your future besties. Truly, I wish to do it all over again. This program keeps you on your toes both physically and academically. The friends and memories I made in this trip are indescribable. Also if you like adventure I highly suggest MEI, the excursions we did were unreal: Zip-Lining in Cambodia, Scuba Diving in the Great Barrier Reef, Swim in waterfalls in Bali. I know nothing is perfect but this trip comes pretty close to perfection.

LIVE IN THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU WILL BE BACK SLEEPING IN YOUR BED
Alex

MEI Abroad (Australia/Bali)

I had an absolutely amazing time on the Trailblazers trip. I made incredibly strong connections with all of the students and teachers and would not trade my experience for anything else. I HIGHLY recommend this trip to everybody who has a strong passions for adventure, making new friends, learning, and having fun! I fell in love with Australia and Bali, and can’t wait to be able to travel back one day. MEI truly made being on the road feel like home. Since being back, I have maintained strong relationships with everybody from the trip, and can’t wait to visit everyone soon.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was smoothie bowls! And I wish I had learned about them sooner. Although I have to say they taste much better in Bali than they do in Toronto. I also tried many dishes I can not remember the names of but were delicious.
Lola

MEI Trailblazers

My adventure with MEI was an unforgettable, life changing experience. From the places we went to the people we went with, everything and everyone was amazing. You meet a whole new group of people that become your family, including your teachers. With spending every day together, you grow together, learn together and are able to experience the world together which is so great. I recommend MEI to any student or teenager that is adventurous, wants to see the world, wants more out of school or life, or needs help finding themselves.

madison

Once in a Lifetime Experience

MEI was the most amazing experience! I made some incredible, life long friendships, saw very beautiful places, and had the best teachers. They offer a good blend of academics and fun while taking us to all of the major tourist attractions in each location assuring we don’t miss out on anything. Living away from home without my parents taught me a lot of independence and helped prepare me for going away to school best year. My business class with Simon was the best course I have ever taken, he is the best teacher I have ever had. If you have the opportunity to go on this trip, do it!

My advice would be to put your phone down. Try to live in the moment and don’t get caught up on whats going on at home. Moments pass by and you don’t even realize it until you’re looking back.
sierra

the adventure of a lifetime!

Going on MEI was one of the best decisions I could have ever made. Not only did we have this amazing opportunity to travel, meet amazing people, and be taught by the best teachers, but we were able to experience what is truly means to adventure, explore, and just feel alive. If you want to escape the ordinary, and truly step outside of your comfort zone, this is the trip for you. Every morning of these 90 days I woke up excited and eager for the adventure this new day would bring. Each day filled with unforgettable places, friends, experiences and moments, moments filled with pure joy and vitality. But on top of all this, I was also able to grow personally. MEI gives you just the right amount of guidance to help you gain independence and leadership, learn responsibly and help you find and forge this new and better version of yourself.

I would recommend that you truly just live in the moment as much as possible. Every single moment of this trip is special, and so you should try to be the most present you can be. Try and avoid being wrapped up on your phone too much, and try to keep your home life at home. Don’t dwell on what you might be “missing out on” overseas, because you are definitely not missing out on anything! You get out of this trip whatever you put into it! Also, try and get to know everyone on the trip. Don’t just stick to your own little group, branch out! I can assure you that you will have a lot more fun that way.