Work in Canada

Work in Canada offers the opportunity to combine work and travel in a different North American setting. You can spend up to 12 months living and working in Canada. Gain the international experience of working abroad without actually having to go overseas! The program is open to US citizens aged 18-35. Orientations and full support services are provided at our Toronto and Vancouver resource centers.

• Gain valuable work experience
  • Supplement your income while traveling
  • Diversify your skills
  • Boost your future career prospects
  • Internationalize your resume

Yes, there are many opportunities to work in Ski Resorts. Many of the bigger resorts hold recruitment fairs during the months of September and October.

Brian

Great white north

I believe one of the most unique experience was finding love. I found love in a country with such a warm embrace, and never in a million years would think to meet someone in such a cold country like Canada. The United States and Canada have shared common interest for centuries. We attract the best and inspire the greatest. Canada, much like the United States has incredible landscapes. Every day in Canada is an adventure. Every corner your turn is just stunning. Nature brings communities together and that makes for a great picture. The diversity and cultures here in Canada shine a light on how we as humans can come from all over the world to find a middle ground and share what we love about our home lands. I’m excited to have gone on this trip thru Canada to learn and to grow and to hopefully bring people together and find love and happiness like I have.

Jennifer

IEC Canada!! Amazing!!

The agents made the application process easy and stress free!! I actually got an email from one of them yesterday just wanting to check in and make sure I was doing okay. And living in Canada... It's freaking amazing!! I cannot think of a better place to learn about the natural beauty and history of Canada than Banff. I got to go on hikes, go white water rafting, ride around on wildlife safaries, eat poutine, and spend my time with Canadians and travelers who want to make the most of their time in the world's first National Park. The adventures, the history, the culture; I could not be happier with the choices I made or the program that made it all happen.

The application process was a bit tedious but the staff really helps you get through it.
Michael

Joining the Gaming Industry

Hiya,
IENA helped put me on the path of the gaming industry not long after I had finished up my schooling in the states and Canada. It's a wonderful program full of helpful people who want young adults like myself succeed in the workplace and life!

I stayed in Vancouver for the duration of my work visa, and soon after arriving obtained a contract with a gaming company. Not only have I met and held on to such wonderful friends around the city, but I also have made many new friends who I can tell will be great people to know in the industry and a great support network for years to come.

While I didn't need to stay at a hostel, having some support for housing outside of that would be great. Additionally, assistance for Permanent Residency and/or additional work permits would be greatly appreciated!
Liz

IENA Made my Dream Internship Possible

I had already arranged a research internship but had a substantial amount of difficulty obtaining a work permit. Applying through IENA turned out to be a lifesaver and made obtaining a work permit and completing my internship possible when all other avenues failed. The representative I spoke to from IENA was invaluable in helping expedite the process.

I thought that the price was a little high, considering I only needed an organization through which I could go to obtain a work permit. The insurance was helpful, though.
Macen

A Humbling Experience

From being a paraprofessional working with autism to planting trees in unknown lands with a bunch of strangers, my world was flipped upside down. Slept in a tent, black flies destroyed me, and I loved it.

IENA did an amazing job assisting me the whole way to get my work visa in Canada. It was much more helpful than International Experience Canada (IEC), and the staff put up with every and all of my questions. No problems whatsoever.

About International Exchange of North America (IENA)

IENA (International Exchange of North America) provides affordable, fully supportive work, travel and internship abroad opportunities to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, Colombia and Thailand. Our overseas resource centers provide full on-the...