- Dominican Republic
View Other Details
The DREAM ESL intern will assist the DREAM Project in holding regular community ESL courses during the academic year. The intern will use currently available ESL curriculum as well as develop their own lessons in order to best fit the specific program in which they are teaching and the community they are serving. The ESL intern will work alongside one of our program or volunteer coordinators to manage the ESL program.
• Lead teacher in A Ganar Young Adult Workforce Training Program (youth aged 18 – 24)
• Teach a series of weekly ESL courses to a variety of community members (children, adolescents, and adults), with instructional level dependent on community needs and prior language knowledge of participants.
• Develop new lesson plans and adapt current ESL curriculum materials.
• Coordinate the logistics of offering ESL classes in various DREAM communities.
• Manage basic administrative tasks.