Internships, Research & Study in the Dominican Republic

Internships, Research & Study in the Dominican Republic

InteRDom is the leading expert in comprehensive and immersive internships, research, and study abroad in the Dominican Republic. The InteRDom "Build Your Program" feature allows undergraduate, graduate, and gap-year students to customize their semester, summer or year-long program and delve into the Dominican Republic's language, traditions, landscapes and customs. InteRDom is unique in that it works extensively with students and employers to develop internships that coincide with both the academic interests of the students, and the professional needs of the host organization.

InteRDom works closely with recognized organizations in the public, private, non-profit sectors and partner university UNIBE to give participants the most professional, personal, and cultural exchange experience in the Dominican Republic.

North America » Dominican Republic » Santo Domingo

Idaima
Kansas City
University of Missouri- Kansas City

InteRDom health internship

I participated in a semester-long health related internship in Santo Domingo, where I worked at a children's hospital and at a local NGO that helped diabetic children. My internship allowed me to apply the skills I learned in my undergraduate program (public health), while also teaching me skills that I will need for my future career (medicine). This internship in Dominican Republic gave me the opportunity to see and learn things that I would have otherwise not have been able to in the United States. My bosses were always incredibly understanding and flexible with me, and InteRDom staff was always easy to reach. Beyond this, I felt that I really got the opportunity to go out on my own, be independent, and explore Dominican culture first-hand. I loved this experience so much that I have decided to extend the internship for a longer time!

It would have been nice to have a constant on-ground coordinator to help facilitate meet-ups between interns throughout the semester.

Ana
New York, NY
City College

Best Internship Ever!

We were a group of four students, we initiated the Service Learning Program which provided us with exposure to social and economic issues in the Dominican Republic. We managed to put some of our expertise whether it was International Relations or Film, and together, we were able to provide some sort of support, while learning about how other organizations work hard to develop education in underprivileged communities. I think one of the challenges we encounter was trying to adapt to the different culture and environment. Our day to day mostly consisted of going to conferences and meeting with different corporate executives of well established companies in Dominican Republic, we will meet with these executives and ask questions regarding work flow in the DR, for example, we met with executives from the American Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic. We also took lots of trips in which we learned about the Dominican Republics history and Caribbean Culture and the agriculture business. I loved every minute of this experience and I was very impress by the loyalty and knowledge of the program directors/managers.

If I had to change one thing about this program, will be more agriculture activities, just because the Dominican Republic has a huge agriculture presence. I will also try to get Global American companies and have them participate in the Service Learning Programs, companies like PWC, KPMG, or Advertising Agencies like McCann Erickson etc. I think that will really give interns at InteRDom some great exposure to global companies abroad and networking opportunities!

InteRDom is the leading expert in the Dominican Republic, providing customized internship, academic study and research opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and gap year students in and around Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Students obtain professional experience via internships with Dominican and international businesses and organizations related