Join the team of MareTerra - Environmental Research and Conservation in Sardinia, one of the most beautiful and uncontaminated places in the Mediterranean Sea. Our headquarters is Alghero (North-West coast of the island) and our projects are carried out inside the Marine Protected Area of Capo Caccia and Piana Island and the Regional Natural Park of Porto Conte.
The staff of MareTerra is committed in helping students to become marine scientists.
Students are involved in some of our research and conservation projects and in the consequent field and laboratory activities, in particular:
- Population dynamics and conservation of bottlenose dolphin in Northern Sardinia (Italy).
- The ecological importance and conservation of the Mediterranean seagrass (Posidonia oceanica).
- Long-term research program for the study of the effects of tourism and climate change on coastal marine species and habitats.
Contact us! We'll be glad to provide for more and detailed information.
- Increase your knowledge about dolphins, fish and marine / coastal habitats and the effect of human activities on their conservation.
- You'll be involved in marine research, data collection and storage, dolphin photo identification, image and sound analysis.
- Acquire experience on field and laboratory activities related to marine ecology and biology, behaviour and bioacoustics of marine mammals.
- Improve your skills and enrich your curriculum.
- Acquire university educational credits corresponding to 75 hours of training (12 days).