Intern Abroad: Get Exposure And Valuable Work Experience

Intern Abroad: Get Exposure And Valuable Work Experience

If you want an internship abroad with a difference , or want the chance to work abroad and get exciting hands on skills, look no further than Jamaica.

An internship abroad program in Jamaica will help you gain the competitive edge over your peers and give you a chance to get experience that would take you years to accumulate in your home country.

Just imagine your resume showing your summary of experience with you working side by side with some of the top professionals in your fields and you stand out as the only choice for the position… this is just some of what you’ll get as you see the world differently and find a new purpose for your life.

We are excited to get you a placement where you will:
-Teach & provide Education: Have the opportunity to provide education for children and teens
-Practice and teach preventative medical & healthcare
-Provide love, affection, education and support to orphaned children.

North America » Jamaica

Faith
Dallas, TX
Dallas Theological Seminary

Counseling Internship

The experience I had at Jamaica Volunteer Program was both life giving and adventurous. On the weekdays I was able to enjoy growing in my understanding of mental health while on the weekend explore the beauty Jamaica has to offer. I cannot imagine a better way to have spent this past month of my life and anticipate to do it all over again in the near future. Grateful to have met the wonderful people of this country and hope I gave even half of the inspiration and love as they gave me.

I would change the pick up schedule. I often kept my supervisor waiting to go home while waiting for my transportation to arrive. Just a convenience issue.

Clark
Maple Grove, Minnesota

Alternative Spring Break

This program is so amazing for me as a person. I learned so much and grew a ton as a person, the kids showed me that happiness doesn't come from materialistic things but from the love around you. I love this program and I really want to get the chance to do it again.

Go to the city part of kingston more and visiting the community.

Janelle
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Minnesota State University- Mankato

Jamaica Spring Break Alternative

Our group flew into Montego Bay which I initially was not excited about but found out that it was a great way to see the Country of Jamaica. Our living quarters were great & the staff was always available to come with us to new events or explain our experiences. I'm not sure I can put to words what the entire experience did for me personally as well as the group. Our daily trips to the schools were a highlight.

Some of our students commented that they wish the barbeque and reggae dance would have been outside. That might be something to consider for future.

Sarah
Maple Grove, MN
Albion College

Our first trip to Smokey Manor

This was my first experience with a volunteer program and I was very impressed. Maureen and her staff are incredibly professional and welcoming. There was a clear itinerary from day one that was followed throughout the trip. There was also room for flexibility and adjustments when needed or when additional trips or visits were desired. The schools where we worked were safe and open to visitors. We were fully welcomed into the school life and everyone along the way has treated us like family. Maureen's stated that her goal was to make us feel welcomed and cared for and I felt that way every minute of our stay. Also, the food was incredible and I appreciated the effort to show us many different parts of the Jamaican culture. I feel like I have a better understanding now of Jamaica and it's people (not just the beach like most tourists do).

Would have preferred to know a little more about the needs (both for donations and class planning) of the school before coming to Smokey Manor. Also some direction as to what to do in the schools because the teachers were so accommodating that it sometimes felt like a lack of direction.

We identify and offer programs where travellers can volunteer, intern or study abroad while immersing in the ‘Real’ Jamaican culture at affordable prices.

When you book with us you will be treated as if you are a relative visiting from overseas and provided with a