Intern Abroad in Jamaica

Intern in Jamaica and gain a competitive edge over your peers as you work with professionals and experts in a hands-on, fully immersive experience. Our programs help you acquire the skills and diverse perspectives you would take years to accumulate in your home country.

You’ll see the world in a new light as you face new challenges on this unique and exciting cross-cultural journey. Internships in Jamaica can be found in a variety of fields such as Psychology, Business & Micro Enterprise, Medicine & Healthcare, Marketing & Communication, Tourism, Computer Science & IT, and NGO Support.

Looking for a career/ résumés boost? Well, an internship abroad in Jamaica will set you above the rest.

We are excited to get you a placement where you will:
— Learn & discover new skills;
— Teach or share new skills and knowledge;
— Assist local companies and communities in providing and receiving services;
— Help to develop and grow small and micro-businesses.

• Gain hands-on experience and build skills solving real-life problems and complex issues in your field of study.
  • Work alongside trained professionals and benefit from personal, one-on-one training with local experts.
  • Have the opportunity to put your abilities to the test in a competitive professional environment, utilizing cutting edge technology.
  • Develop global knowledge and experience in Psychology, Business & Micro Enterprise, Health & Medicine, Marketing & Communication, Toursim, Computer Science & IT and NGO Support.

Popular Programs

psychology internship

Work with trained professionals to relieve overburdened mental health systems in Jamaica with high patient loads. Build your skills and gain experience as you work one-on-one with real patients suffering from various mental illnesses. Collaborate with community partners through research and field study as you help to raise mental health awareness in a country where mental health is often taken for granted.

Business & Micro-Enterprise Internship

Gain hands-on experience with a Business & Micro Enterprise Internship in Jamaica. Work with professionals and local entrepreneurs to solve real-life challenges and struggles faced by their businesses. Help to empower and educate marginalized entrepreneurs through workshops and training as you help them to better market and organize their businesses.

Medical & Healthcare Internship

Jamaica’s healthcare system is overburdened, under-resourced, and under-staffed. With a healthcare internship abroad in Jamaica, you can help to make a difference while gaining the experience that will set you apart from your peers. Work with doctors and nurses to carry out daily tasks and duties as you assist locals in getting the health care they depend on.

Marketing & Communication Internship

Jamaicans are known for their creative culture and this is evident in our marketing & communication industries. If you’re a creative looking to develop interesting campaigns and unique content, then an Integrated Marketing Communication internship is just for you. Work with skilled professionals in this interactive global experience as you build and acquire new communication, marketing, and public relation skills that will put your CV in a league of its own.

Tourism Internship

Enjoy the best vacation of your life while gaining international work experience with a Tourism Internship in Jamaica. Jamaica, home to many pristine beaches, cascading waterfalls, and secret rivers, is a top vacation destination and highly dependent on tourism. With this internship, you’ll build and hone your hospitality skills as you benefit from local expert mentorship in a hands-on experience. The opportunities are endless, as you’ll interact with a culture that’s so vibrant and fascinating.

Computer Science & IT Internship

Build your portfolio as you gain invaluable experience with a Computer Science & IT Internship in Jamaica. Work with local professionals and mentors to perfect your craft in a hands-on training experience that will give you that competitive edge in your field. Benefit from a learning experience like no other that will test your skills and abilities in computer science and information technology.

NGO Support Internship

Make a real difference while boosting your resume with an NGO Support Internship in Jamaica. Benefit from first-hand experiences as you work with trained professionals to build and restore local communities suffering from social and economic imbalances. Work with local organizations to support youth development and education projects that keep children off the streets or help marginalized women who suffer from abuse and economic hardships.

Faith

Counseling Internship

The experience I had at Jamaica Volunteer Program was both life giving and adventurous. On the weekdays I was able to enjoy growing in my understanding of mental health while on the weekend explore the beauty Jamaica has to offer. I cannot imagine a better way to have spent this past month of my life and anticipate to do it all over again in the near future. Grateful to have met the wonderful people of this country and hope I gave even half of the inspiration and love as they gave me.

I would change the pick up schedule. I often kept my supervisor waiting to go home while waiting for my transportation to arrive. Just a convenience issue.
Clark

Alternative Spring Break

This program is so amazing for me as a person. I learned so much and grew a ton as a person, the kids showed me that happiness doesn't come from materialistic things but from the love around you. I love this program and I really want to get the chance to do it again.

Go to the city part of kingston more and visiting the community.
Janelle

Jamaica Spring Break Alternative

Our group flew into Montego Bay which I initially was not excited about but found out that it was a great way to see the Country of Jamaica. Our living quarters were great & the staff was always available to come with us to new events or explain our experiences. I'm not sure I can put to words what the entire experience did for me personally as well as the group. Our daily trips to the schools were a highlight.

Some of our students commented that they wish the barbeque and reggae dance would have been outside. That might be something to consider for future.
Sarah

Our first trip to Smokey Manor

This was my first experience with a volunteer program and I was very impressed. Maureen and her staff are incredibly professional and welcoming. There was a clear itinerary from day one that was followed throughout the trip. There was also room for flexibility and adjustments when needed or when additional trips or visits were desired. The schools where we worked were safe and open to visitors. We were fully welcomed into the school life and everyone along the way has treated us like family. Maureen's stated that her goal was to make us feel welcomed and cared for and I felt that way every minute of our stay. Also, the food was incredible and I appreciated the effort to show us many different parts of the Jamaican culture. I feel like I have a better understanding now of Jamaica and it's people (not just the beach like most tourists do).

Would have preferred to know a little more about the needs (both for donations and class planning) of the school before coming to Smokey Manor. Also some direction as to what to do in the schools because the teachers were so accommodating that it sometimes felt like a lack of direction.