Intern Abroad in Jamaica

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Jamaica Volunteer Programs has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Intern in Jamaica and gain a competitive edge over your peers as you work with professionals and experts in a hands-on, fully immersive experience. Our programs help you acquire the skills and diverse perspectives you would take years to accumulate in your home country.

You’ll see the world in a new light as you face new challenges on this unique and exciting cross-cultural journey. Internships in Jamaica can be found in a variety of fields such as Psychology, Business & Micro Enterprise, Medicine & Healthcare, Marketing & Communication, Tourism, Computer Science & IT, and NGO Support.

Looking for a career/ résumés boost? Well, an internship abroad in Jamaica will set you above the rest.

We are excited to get you a placement where you will:
— Learn & discover new skills;
— Teach or share new skills and knowledge;
— Assist local companies and communities in providing and receiving services;
— Help to develop and grow small and micro-businesses.

• Gain hands-on experience and build skills solving real-life problems and complex issues in your field of study.
  • Work alongside trained professionals and benefit from personal, one-on-one training with local experts.
  • Have the opportunity to put your abilities to the test in a competitive professional environment, utilizing cutting edge technology.
  • Develop global knowledge and experience in Psychology, Business & Micro Enterprise, Health & Medicine, Marketing & Communication, Toursim, Computer Science & IT and NGO Support.

Faith

Counseling Internship

The experience I had at Jamaica Volunteer Program was both life giving and adventurous. On the weekdays I was able to enjoy growing in my understanding of mental health while on the weekend explore the beauty Jamaica has to offer. I cannot imagine a better way to have spent this past month of my life and anticipate to do it all over again in the near future. Grateful to have met the wonderful people of this country and hope I gave even half of the inspiration and love as they gave me.

I would change the pick up schedule. I often kept my supervisor waiting to go home while waiting for my transportation to arrive. Just a convenience issue.
Clark

Alternative Spring Break

This program is so amazing for me as a person. I learned so much and grew a ton as a person, the kids showed me that happiness doesn't come from materialistic things but from the love around you. I love this program and I really want to get the chance to do it again.

Go to the city part of kingston more and visiting the community.
Janelle

Jamaica Spring Break Alternative

Our group flew into Montego Bay which I initially was not excited about but found out that it was a great way to see the Country of Jamaica. Our living quarters were great & the staff was always available to come with us to new events or explain our experiences. I'm not sure I can put to words what the entire experience did for me personally as well as the group. Our daily trips to the schools were a highlight.

Some of our students commented that they wish the barbeque and reggae dance would have been outside. That might be something to consider for future.
Sarah

Our first trip to Smokey Manor

This was my first experience with a volunteer program and I was very impressed. Maureen and her staff are incredibly professional and welcoming. There was a clear itinerary from day one that was followed throughout the trip. There was also room for flexibility and adjustments when needed or when additional trips or visits were desired. The schools where we worked were safe and open to visitors. We were fully welcomed into the school life and everyone along the way has treated us like family. Maureen's stated that her goal was to make us feel welcomed and cared for and I felt that way every minute of our stay. Also, the food was incredible and I appreciated the effort to show us many different parts of the Jamaican culture. I feel like I have a better understanding now of Jamaica and it's people (not just the beach like most tourists do).

Would have preferred to know a little more about the needs (both for donations and class planning) of the school before coming to Smokey Manor. Also some direction as to what to do in the schools because the teachers were so accommodating that it sometimes felt like a lack of direction.