View Other Details
- Applicants can either be college students looking to join dental school or are already in a pre-dentistry program and are looking for an opportunity for some hands on experience and volunteering.
- Safe private accommodation inclusive of well tasty meals. Internet connectivity and weekly laundry services
- Airport pick up within our program locations
- For your convnience we provide a one-way trip to the placement institution daily for 5 days in a week
- Incountry support including our head office teams in your placement locations
- Detailed pre-departure support
Elective Africa Pre-Dentistry program is intended for the students who have a documented and serious interest in studying dentistry. Students interested in joining a Dental school and who are already studying Pre-Dentistry can also take part in the program. The internship provides opportunities for exposure to dental practice and guided learning with supervision. Through the program one gets to enhance their application to dental school and also gather essential volunteer hours which inform whether a career in the dental field is really something the students wish to consider.
The fun volunteer activities in the destination of placement provide a great chance for the students to experience a different culture and learn more about the diversity.
- Actively be involved in rotations in the dental department and to learn on the day to day activities of dentists and other dental professionals.
- With the guidelines of ADEA on shadowing abroad will allow you clinical exposure while upholding the ethics of dental practice.
- Emerge with exposure to dental field, dental skills acquired through observation of clinical care delivery and participation
- Get the chance to observe procedures that are rarely available to most pre-dental students. Experience living in Kenya and Tanzania .
- Cultural exposure through interaction with different people in the rural and urban community for a productive and life-changing experience working in the country.