View Other Details
Pre-departure information pack
Airport pick-up and drop-off
In-country orientation: including local area tour
Accommodation (shared): including laundry, WiFi, and all utilities
3 meals per day
24/7 on-ground support
Take this chance to make a difference in Zimbabwean children's lives through this early childhood development and health program, while having an adventure in Zimbabwe!
Your work will involve: renovating classrooms, providing nutritious food to children, assisting medical professionals in check-ups and immunisation of children, and training community members to become teachers at pre-schools.
This program literally converts a kindergarten into a healthcare centre, meaning volunteers leave a lasting impression as these programs remain there after you leave the country, enabling local communities to continue the work. 200 preschools have been created as a result of this programme, educating over 18 000 children, most of them victims of HIV and AIDS. UNICEF recognised the achievements of this project with a 2010 “Best Practice Award” after reviewing 77 similar programmes in Southern Africa.
If you want to help children in an exciting new place, this is the programme for you!
- Provide support to children, youth, and educators in Zimbabwe.
- Leave with a viable result, such as a repainted classroom
- Assist medical professionals with medical checks and immunising children.
- Make friends for life with the local people as well as other volunteers from all over the world.
- Boost your CV or university applications with enhanced skills