Take this chance to make a difference in many Zimbabwean children's lives through the integrated early childhood development and health program.
Through this program, 200 preschools have been created, educating over 18 000 children, most of them victims of HIV and AIDS.
During the internship, your work will involve renovating classrooms, while training community members to become teachers at the pre-schools, which are established within an existing school. The program literally converts a kindergarten into a healthcare centre.
This is an opportunity to leave an impacting mark in the local communities, as these programs remain there after you would have left the country.
- Provide support to children, youth, and educators in Zimbabwe.
- Support local community workers with fulfilling their duties.
- Leave with a viable result, such as a repainted classroom, and first-hand experience, which will assist you in fundraising for the program once you return home.
- Assist medical professionals with medical checks and immunising children.
- Make friends for life with the local people as well as other volunteers from all over the world.