View Other Details
Pre-departure information pack
Airport pick-up and drop-off
In-country orientation: including local area tour
Accommodation (shared): including laundry, WiFi, and all utilities
Meals: 3 meals per day
24/7 on-ground support
This internship is designed with vet, pre-vet or animal science students who want to make a difference in mind. This is a hands-on internship in which you can develop your clinical skills and apply what you've learnt, all while having the adventure of a lifetime in Zimbabwe!
Interns on this programme will work alongside professional vets and vet nurses between different sites. Some of your activities will include: monitoring animal behaviour and populations, administering treatment, assisting vets and conservationists and educating the community on human-wildlife conflict. You will get to engage with animals both native and exotic to Zimbabwe, such as lions, hyenas, buffalo, giraffes, donkeys, owls, endangered species like the wild African dog, and reptiles.
Accommodation changes depending on your workplace as this is a multi-site internship.
Interning in Zimbabwe is the perfect way to boost your CV or enhance university applications. Apply now and secure your adventure!
- Support research programmes, including animal population dynamics, predator/prey synergies, mapping of vegetation and fire management
- Conduct animal and bird surveys – population monitoring
- Carryout tree planting exercises, while removing foreign invasive species from surrounding forests
- Wildlife conservation and environment preservation and protection outreach work within local communities and schools
- Interaction with animals such as lions, rhino, buffalo, giraffes and many more