Go Overseas is a fast-growing travel startup located in downtown Berkeley, CA, helping people study, teach, intern, volunteer, and take gap years abroad. Think of us like the TripAdvisor/ Airbnb/ OpenTable for meaningful travel abroad. With 1 million monthly users, we’re the largest site of our kind in the world.
We’re not a simple marketing site but an actual thriving backend product. You will build new products on cutting edge tech (Drupal 8, Vue / React JS), contribute to all new architectures, and realize the value of your work on one powerful product that pushes the boundaries of Drupal. This is a great opportunity to work on a talented and creative team.
- Proven experience developing custom modules with Drupal (or equivalent experience with Symfony, Laravel, or other PHP frameworks)
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with revision systems (Git, SVN)
- Successfully delivered large scale projects
- Knowledgeable about other technologies and able to suggest integration solutions
- Experienced with the agile development methodology
- You're independent and self-motivated
- Enjoy contributing to open source projects
- You’re proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts
- Enjoy engaging on a small team
- Enjoy a social working environment
- Enjoy staff retreats. As a team we’ve hiked Half Dome and ran a 200 mile relay race together
- You’re not a cog in the machine. You freely contribute your own ideas
How to apply:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your GitHub and/or LinkedIn profiles to Andrew Dunkle at [email protected].
- Salary dependent on experience and skills.
- 15 days paid vacation
- 5 days paid, PAID vacation (Wait, what’s that?)
- IRA Retirement plan provided
- Medical & Dental Insurance provided
- Remote working days
Overall, this is a tremendous opportunity for those who want to work in a dynamic environment at a thriving startup.