We’re hiring a dynamic, entrepreneurial Content & Community Manager with a passion for connecting people with meaningful travel opportunities. The ideal candidate will employ an empathetic, yet analytical approach to creating, editing, and publishing engaging digital content for our Go Overseas audiences.
Our Content & Community Manager will aim to increase quality engagement with our on-site blog and guide content, email campaigns, and social media -- to educate, inspire, and empower our community of travelers to pursue global experiences. From dreaming up inspirational brand campaigns on Instagram, updating existing country-specific destination guides and commissioning new travel articles, and digging into Google Analytics reports, the role will allow for a great deal of creativity and experimentation.
About Go Overseas
As a community-centered resource for programs abroad, verified alumni reviews, travel articles, and scholarships, Go Overseas aims to connect our community with the most reliable information about global opportunities. From studying abroad in Spain to volunteering with orangutans in Indonesia, landing a job teaching English online to interning remotely for an international company, our site has helped millions of people find and plan transformative experiences.
We might be a perfect fit if you are:
- A natural storyteller and relationship-builder who loves bringing people together
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with a global perspective
- A digital content creator with a sincere interest in helping deliver quality content to our community of travelers
- An organized, detail-oriented project manager who is able to operate with a high level of autonomy, but enjoys collaboration
- Passionate about increasing accessibility to meaningful travel opportunities for diverse audiences
- Ambitious and confident about how to meet goals both for yourself and your team
- Excited by the opportunity to work, learn, and grow within a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- A mission-driven GO-getter (pun intended) — excited by our company values
Your core responsibilities:
Content management & creation
- Organize, monitor, and update our growing collection of 1,000+ travel articles and 1,500+ guides on Go Overseas
- Proofread & edit spelling, grammar, and syntax across all content types
- Own and maintain content calendar across multiple platforms
- Design & produce social media content using existing templates and style guide
- Create segmented email campaigns for Go Overseas subscribers using Mailchimp
- Project manage marketing content creation & implementation for thematic campaigns
- Regularly track & monitor engagement metrics across blog, email, and social media
- Manage part time content creators, partnerships with influencers, and/or marketing interns as needed
- Engage with our audience by answering questions and replying to comments via email and social media to better understand their needs
- Advocate for our community members by employing a user-centered approach to both product development and communication strategies
- Become a Go Overseas brand ambassador by hosting virtual events, responding to interview requests, and participating in live social media appearances as needed
- Research travel trends to identify opportunities for creating helpful content using company brand guidelines and style guide
- Analyze user behavior metrics using Google Analytics to help inform marketing strategy
- Develop brand identity and grow brand awareness
- Work with executive team to maximize traffic to key pages that align with business goals
- Identify and track marketing KPIs using our quarterly company OKR system, with support from your manager
- Experience with and strong interest in international education & travel — cares intensely about helping more people study, live, work, and travel overseas
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience with excellent command of the English language
- 1-3 years of experience with digital marketing, content creation, editorial work, social media management, email marketing, customer service, design, and/or sales
- Proficiency with Mailchimp, Later, Canva, Google Suite, and Google Analytics
- Experience running paid social media advertising campaigns and managing budgets
- Experience managing people -- teams, volunteers, community groups, direct reports, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and best practices
- Eligibility to live and work in the United States
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, HubSpot, Asana, Eventbrite, Zoom webinars, etc.
- Skills or interest in graphic design, digital photography, and/or video editing preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Passion for sustainable, accessible, and ethical travel
- Remote, US-based
- Candidates based in Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts, strongly preferred
- Salary range: $50,000-$60,000 starting salary, based on experience
- Full time employment
- Unlimited vacation time
- Medical & dental insurance provided after 60 days
- Eligibility for retirement plan with company matching after waiting period
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Annual paid-paid vacation (once we can travel again!)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Go Overseas values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes perspective-changing global experiences, we know that diversifying our team will only make us stronger as we grow. As a small but mighty team, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool as the educational travel industry regains momentum. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ideal candidate could start in July or sooner. Applicants who pass the initial screening round will be invited to complete a first round questionnaire & marketing challenge before interviews begin.