- Costa Rica
View Other Details
Participants who don’t want to Volunteer in their second week and would prefer more surf lessons can pay for an extra surf week at 160 Euros, this includes transport, surf board and 4 group surf lesson by a professional surf instructor.
Extra surf classes are also available individually for 60 euro per lesson.
‘Program’ starts on a Sunday (changeover day) with the program ending after breakfast on corresponding Sunday 28 days later.
A total of 28 nights accommodation, breakfast & lunch (brunch at weekends), 20 intensive Spanish lessons, 4 surf lessons OR 8 Yoga classes, hiking, volunteering, 4 nights at Turtle Sanctuary , road trip to Monteverde
Learn Spanish, Surf or Yoga, Volunteer & Adventure in Santa Teresa – a jungle surf camp hidden in tropical forest yet within a roar of the Pacific Ocean.
This program starts on the first Sunday of each month.
Programmed activities include Spanish lessons, professional surf or yoga lessons, volunteering in a range of projects in Santa Teresa and a turtle volunteer placement with Cirenas OR ASVO.
This is a traveling adventure so you can explore and enjoy the beautiful hinterland of Costa Rica and get a real feel for the biodiversity of this special part of the world.
Your experience is based at ‘Jakera Jungle Surf Camp’ where we have created a jungle paradise complete with swimming pool overlooked by a rich tropical forest bursting with wildlife including red squirrels, howler monkeys and tiny magical hummingbirds.
We are a 10 min walk from the cool cafes, bars and shops that line the 6km stretch of road of road and beach that make up Playa Santa Teresa/Playa El Carmen.
- Learn Spanish - Monday to Friday’s intensive Spanish lessons take place shortly after breakfast. Your teacher is licensed and on day one you receive a short test to establish your level and objectives. Lessons take the format of 3 x 45 minute lessons each
- Surf or Yoga - During your first week with us, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday you enjoy a surfing or yoga lesson.
- Turtle Conservation - This week will be spent at one of two Turtle Sanctuaries that we support , Cirenas Playa Ario OR ASVO Montezuma.
- Monteverde - In week 4 Monday to Thursday (four days/three night) we go on an overland adventure to explore Monteverde National Park. We stay in the picturesque town of Santa Elena and enjoy hikes to explore two national parks
- Hiking - We would like you to enjoy Nicoya Peninsula - an area of outstanding natural beauty – so each Wednesday we will explore our surroundings on foot.