Learn Spanish, Surf or Yoga, Volunteer & Adventure in Santa Teresa – a jungle surf camp hidden in tropical forest yet within a roar of the Pacific Ocean.
This program starts on the first Sunday of each month.
Programmed activities include Spanish lessons, professional surf or yoga lessons, volunteering in a range of projects in Santa Teresa and a turtle volunteer placement with Cirenas OR ASVO.
This is a traveling adventure so you can explore and enjoy the beautiful hinterland of Costa Rica and get a real feel for the biodiversity of this special part of the world.
Your experience is based at ‘Jakera Jungle Surf Camp’ where we have created a jungle paradise complete with swimming pool overlooked by a rich tropical forest bursting with wildlife including red squirrels, howler monkeys and tiny magical hummingbirds.
We are a 10 min walk from the cool cafes, bars and shops that line the 6km stretch of road of road and beach that make up Playa Santa Teresa/Playa El Carmen.
- Learn Spanish - Monday to Friday’s intensive Spanish lessons take place shortly after breakfast. Your teacher is licensed and on day one you receive a short test to establish your level and objectives. Lessons take the format of 3 x 45 minute lessons each
- Surf or Yoga - During your first week with us, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday you enjoy a surfing or yoga lesson.
- Turtle Conservation - This week will be spent at one of two Turtle Sanctuaries that we support , Cirenas Playa Ario OR ASVO Montezuma.
- Monteverde - In week 4 Monday to Thursday (four days/three night) we go on an overland adventure to explore Monteverde National Park. We stay in the picturesque town of Santa Elena and enjoy hikes to explore two national parks
- Hiking - We would like you to enjoy Nicoya Peninsula - an area of outstanding natural beauty – so each Wednesday we will explore our surroundings on foot.