Learn Spanish in Costa Rica with EF International Language Campuses

NEW SCHOOLS!

We are proud to announce that EF will open 2 new schools this fall! Learn Arabic in Dubai or Portuguese in Lisbon.

Learn Spanish in Costa Rica's favorite surf town! Located on the Nicoya Peninsula on the Northern Pacific coast you will truly both learn and live the language in this intimate town. You'll make guaranteed progress in your language learning goals with EF's interactive and immersive courses. After class lets out for the day relax on the beach, go ziplining through the rainforest, or volunteer at a local school.

At EF, you can decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. You can personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like Current Affairs, Hispanic HIstory, Spanish for Tourism, and exam prep (DELE). Earn transferable college credit for any course 4 weeks or longer, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.

EF's Spanish schools are accredited by Instituto Cervantes, the world's leading organization promoting Spanish language education as well as the University of Montana, our partner in education.

Live in Canada? Visit our Canadian website instead.

• Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
  • Unique surf town on the West Coast of Costa Rica
  • Top activities include a volcano hike, zip-lining, volunteering with sea turtles, or a weekend trip to Panama or Nicaragua.
  • Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
  • EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.

Iris

One week in Costa Rica with EF

I decided last minute to take a language trip to Costa Rica with EF. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though it was only for one week I felt my Spanish improved and it was a wonderful experience. In addition, some friends and I signed up for horse back riding and surfing. The dance class with Abraham was truly a lot of fun as well. Some of the other students took trips to Nicaragua. There is so much to do in Costa Rica and I wished I could have stayed longer. I can definitely recommend EF, the school and the location (Tamarindo).

Elyse

3 awesome months

Where should I start? I have so many awesome things to say about my trip to Costa Rica.
I stayed there for 3 months and it was for sure one of the 3 best months in my life! First of all, my host family was awesome, it was a mom whose kids were only there in the weekends, but everything was perfect! She cleaned every day, cooked delicious food and she was so so so friendly ( I do miss her!!). The school was awesome as well, there is a clean pool, all the classrooms have airco (which you really need haha) and the teachers and the staff are all super nice.
Tamarindo itself is a small beach town. It's perfect if you want to learn how to surf or go tanning at the beach! There are enough options to have a great night out there as well (I think 2 of my 3 best nights in my life were in Tamarindo).
In the weekends EF always plans an activity to go somewhere cool.

If you have the opportunity to go abroad to Costa Rica, but you are not sure, just go, you will not regret it!!!
It's going to be the time of your life and you will meet so many friends from all around the world!!!

Amandine

Pura Vida lifestyle

Hola amigos ! Do you want to spend nice time in a multicultural country ? Make new friends from all over the world ? Learn how to surf on beautiful pristine water ? Hike volcano and pet monkeys ? Well good because Tamarindo is the right place for you !
I encourage you staying in a host family, they will help you to feel comfy in your new country and your spanish will improve very fast.
The campus is nice and staff is very friendly. Tamarindo is a nice small town where you can enjoy a drink with your friends everyday.
You can book shuttles and go for a weekend trip in costa rica or book a trip to Nica & Panama with EF too.
Anything you do, I swear you'll like it !

More activities throughout the week in playa tamarindo maybe. Free activities as well. Lets compare to others EF school all over the world.
Svenja

EF Tamarindo - worth visiting!

What can I say? Costa Rica is a beautiful country, Tamarindo a gorgeous village with a marvelous beach. The people are very friendly and humorous and Pura Vida is a lifestyle. My family treated me like a member from the first day, and even though rize was daily served, the dishes were still varied and so delicious. The teachers at school are very keen and professional, they could be a little bit stricter in my opinion. The facilities at school are modern, there's a swimming pool on the school area which is pretty cool. As there are numerous things to do, you won't run out of adventurous activities. For me it felt like holidays, I met innumerable new people from all around the world, learned for life, became more mature and learned spanish. To conclude, EF Tamarindo is a life time experience which can easily turn out to be your best time ever!

A free room to study would have been nice. Studying outside with 38 degrees or more can be very difficult to stay focused..
Sébastien

EF Costa Rica 2016

It was one of the best time I ever had in my life, really ! I met great friends from all over the world and I had so much fun during this experience ! My host family was perfect, no joke ! They were super nice, their house and my room were great and the meals the host mother cooked were awesome ! If you wanna learn Spanish with a great surrounding then you should definitely go there ! All the people are really nice.

The teachers should be more strict, they should make us speak Spanish the whole time during the lessons. And they should correct us when we make mistakes.
Hananja

Costa Rica Pura Vida!

Costa Rica is an amazing and beautiful country! Made so many new friends i will carry in my heart forever, learned a lot of spanish and grew personally.
I stayed in a host family close to Tamarindo and they're so nice and caring. The school is beautiful, the teachers and staff are such nice people.
Tamarindo is a small beach town but there is lots to do and from here you can go anywhere you want to go so you can visit all the beautiful places and beaches.
I had an amazing experience here and i will never forget my time here and i know i will return one day!

Lauriane

Amazing experience

I loved my stay with EF Playa Tamarindo, I really improved my Spanish and enjoyed my time there. The school is a very nice place to study, the teachers are good and the groups are small so we can learn more. The housing is very good too and it is safe. There are many different activities to do and great excursions. I would recommend this school to anyone who want to improve his Spanish and have fun at the same time. I met a lot of people and now I have many friends around the world !

Charlotte

Incredible!

My time spent in Costa Rica were some of the best months of my life! My host mom became a second mom to me, and we will stay in contact for a long time! The classes, the school, the people, all made Costa Rica a welcoming and inclusive place to study and live! I made incredible friends from all over the world, and I can't wait to see them again, hopefully back in where we met in Tamarindo! My Spanish improved, as well as my understanding of the world and different cultures, and my independence! Time abroad in Costa Rica was one of the best decisions I have made, and I will cherish it always! Pura Vida!

Henry

Best Time of My Life

I had an amazing 3 months at the EF Costa Rica school. Not only did I learn significant conversational Spanish, but I made lifelong friends, surfed a lot and explored the beautiful country of Costa Rica.

More flexible Spanish class schedules.

About EF International Language Campuses

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad.

See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language...