Learn Spanish in Costa Rica's favorite surf town! Located on the Nicoya Peninsula on the Northern Pacific coast you will truly both learn and live the language in this intimate town. You'll make guaranteed progress in your language learning goals with EF's interactive and immersive courses. After class lets out for the day relax on the beach, go zip-lining through the rainforest, or volunteer at a local school.
At EF, you can decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. You can personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like Current Affairs, Hispanic History, Spanish for Tourism, and exam prep (DELE). Earn transferable college credit for any course 4 weeks or longer, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.
EF's Spanish schools are accredited by Instituto Cervantes, the world's leading organization promoting Spanish language education as well as the University of Montana, our partner in education.
Live in Canada? Visit our Canadian website instead.
- Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
- Unique surf town on the West Coast of Costa Rica
- Top activities include a volcano hike, zip-lining, volunteering with sea turtles, or a weekend trip to Panama or Nicaragua.
- Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
- EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.