View Other Details
AUC’s Arabic Language Intensive Program (ALIN) offers intensive Arabic-language courses for students who need to gain a good command of contemporary Arabic language and culture as quickly and effectively as possible.
Established in 1921, the Department of Arabic Language Instruction (ALI) at AUC is the world’s leading academic center for the study of Arabic, providing both students and faculty with the most comprehensive and diversified Arabic-language instruction and training worldwide. It is fully accredited in Egypt and the United States, with an 80-year history of excellence.
Yuriko Koike (ALU ’71)
First Female Governor of Tokyo
Thomas L. Friedman (ALU ’74)
Three-Time Pulitzer Prize Winner, Op-Ed Columnist, The New York Times; Best-Selling Author
- Survival Arabic - The Survival Arabic course at AUC is designed to help incoming international students with limited or no knowledge of the Arabic language get by during their stay in Cairo.
- Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA) - For half a century CASA has been helping U.S. students take their Arabic-language skills to native fluency.
- Arabic Language Intensive Program (ALIN) - Courses are skill-based focusing on reading, writing and listening, as well as content-based using media, political texts, literature as well as other tools.
- Arabic Language Classes (ALNG) - Students who wish to study Arabic for one or two semesters, as part of a study-abroad program, are enrolled as non-degree students.
- Center for Advanced Arabic Study in Cairo (CAASIC) - Language classes use a theme-based, content-based instruction curriculum that makes use of authentic materials and integrated skills activities.