LSF Montpellier: Learn French in the South of France

LSF Montpellier: Learn French in the South of France

LSF Montpellier offers French language courses for all levels, from complete beginner to advanced, and provide a friendly, relaxed and engaging class atmosphere. Our courses are for both short-term and long-term stays, and are taught by well-qualified native French speakers. Students enjoy small class sizes, and can opt to enjoy a complete language immersion experience by staying with one of our carefully selected accommodation options.

We offer Standard (20 group lessons/week), Intensive (26 or 30 group lessons/week), and Combination French language courses, as well as exam preparation courses (DELF / DALF, A-levels, etc.). We also offer combination French language and cooking classes (which include 8 cooking classes added on to a language course).

Europe » France » Montpellier
Europe » France

• Instruction

Philip
London, England
University of York

Excellent French Exam Preparation in supportive and friendly school

I have been to LSF three times now during 2014 and 2015 and have worked my way up through the DELF B2 and DALF C1 exams with their help. The standard of teaching is very high and the ambience in the classroom supportive and enjoyable. Each time I went to the school I put in place a specific class in the afternoon (after the standard morning classes) to help me with my exam preparation. These helped enormously and a lot of progress can be made in a very short time. The teachers are also supported by a friendly wider team who organise a range of optional activities and excursions throughout the week and at weekends (as well as accomodation with french families) and really care that you have enjoyed your time with them. The school is perfectly situated with a garden and terrace right next to the Porte Peyrou and Palais de Justice in the centre of Montpellier - a perfect location in an interesting and attractive city. I really cannot recommend LSF highly enough and will be bringing my family back for a more relaxed stay now I have done my exams!

K
Brussels, Belgium

"Best 3 weeks of my life"

We sent our 3 on the LSF course in the summer of 2013. They enjoyed it so much, and their French was so improved, that we repeated the experience in July 2014. The "best 3 weeks of my life" comment was really made by our daughter, and her siblings readily agreed. Although the programme is expensive, the care shown to the children throughout their stay was excellent.

Sonia
Bermuda

Everything was Perfect!

LSF has by far exceeded any expectations I had. From the first day I arrived they offered an introductory tour of Montpellier and everyday since they have different activities and tours to sign up for. The teachers are amazing and keep you interacting throughout the entire class. The teachers make the effort to know you on a personal level where you are able to talk and make jokes and it creates an environment where you feel comfortable. The quality of teaching is amazing and they make sure you feel comfortable in the level of class they place you. My friend was quite sick for a week and the teachers were very concerned as well as the other students, and the teachers and admin were more than helpful. They gave recommendations for doctors, they offered to translate with the doctor if needed and constantly asked for updates to make sure she was improving. They are magnificent and make you feel apart of the school.
The cooking part of the course was just as great. There is no more than 6 or 7 people per class so everyone is incorporated to the course and are constantly working. It is great because you create unique dishes and expand your knowledge on local cuisine. It is also helpful to improve your french as the class is in french. The Chef is so kind and extremely knowledgable. Again, it is very personable and we are able to make jokes and have a great time.
The host family which I was placed in is amazing! They are friendly and so kind hearted! It forces you to use your french when you stay with a host family and really integrate yourself into the culture and lifestyle. They are extremely family oriented and we always love to see their grandchildren and everyone! We get along so well and our host mom is an amazing chef. I like them so much I decided to stay another week.

They had plenty of activities and a few local activities but it would be nice to have even more activities that integrate us with the local community,

Franziska
Hamburg

awesome language school with very personal atmosphere

I really enjoyed my three months stay in Montpellier. During this time I could improve my French immensely. During most of my stay I had great teachers even though I must say not all teachers had the same quality.I lived in a student residence which was in walking distance to the school, my room has been small but clean, I had my own bathroom and a very small kitchen. I felt very save most of the time.
All teachers and staff have been very welcoming and always helpful. The school organized great afternoon or weekend activities which helped to get to know the French culture.
During my stay I met very interesting people with who I could have interesting talks and very funny evenings. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere in class and after class in and around the language school.

It was very hard to meet French students so I would have liked to have a possibility to meet some more French students currently living in Montpellier.

Paulien
Belgium

I would definitly go back!

I can highly recommend LSF for several reasons. I followed a course for the period of 2 months in LSF Montpellier. I've been charmed by a warm welcome, a friendly atmosphere and the kindness of the teachers and the other students. The teachers are especially trained to give courses to foreign students. Besides, they encourage you to speak french, improve yourself and that is one of the reasons why you can learn a lot in a short period of time. I recommend a period of minimum 3 weeks to get the best out of the program and to enjoy your time in the beautifull environment that Montpellier has to offer.

Not every classroom has wifi, allthough this would be usefull (for example: an electronic dictionary)

Mimi
Montpellier, France
University of Texas- Austin

Feedback for LSF

The French language program has been very challenging. I have taken French before and the teacher I had during this program has been the best that I have encountered in the classroom so far. I am looking forward to learning more French! The staff at LSF has been very helpful and friendly. When I needed to change the family that I was staying with, they immediately found another family that was more suitable for me. Great experience! I will refer my friends and family to LSF.

I think the only thing that I would improve upon is matching the students with the correct host families. This could be accomplished by having consistent communication with the host families and requiring current information from them such as ...Is the elevator working? How many people will be staying in the apartment during the stay? Will meals be provided on the weekends? Etc.

Mateusz
Montpellier
University of Oxford

To sum up

During the intensive course we have approx. 4.5h of classes every day from monday to friday. The people are very nice, almost all of the tutors are reaaaaaly great!! Apart from the lessons, every week day LSF organises some awesome events. I can recommend it to everyone!!

Some tutors don't really do their best in preparing for the lessons. My host family didn't prepare meals for me during the most of my stay.

LSF Montpellier is a leading French language school in the south of France with many years’ experience teaching French. LSF offers high quality French courses year-round to adults, business professionals, university students, and juniors. At the school there is a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere