Study Arabic in Germany (Syrian and Palestinian Dialect)

Study Arabic in Germany is designed for people who would like to learn the Arabic language in interactive ways and through cultural immersion at the Excellence Center in Europe in the city of Halle, Saale, Germany. The Center provides Arabic language courses by native speakers for German and international people from all over the world. Students of Arabic can freely choose what they would like to study, spoken Palestinian, Syrian, North African or standard Arabic. The Center also provides individual courses. Internationals, who are between 18 and 75 years of age can come whenever it suits them; they can stay from 1-12 weeks.

Coming to Germany to study Arabic is a great opportunity for students, who would like to meet and engage in a variety of activities with new people from all over the world including Arabs, refugees, Germans and internationals. So, it is not only a language course but also an immersion program which features engagement in the daily life

• Germany and Halle Saale in particular has a lot of Arabic inhabitants and a vibrant community. It is easy to meet Arabic people and engage with them.
  • The mission of the Center is to teach languages through interaction and practice, so, learning the Arabic language in Germany will be enabled through immersion and engagement.
  • You can choose what you would like to learn (Spoken or Standard Arabic) and we can customize the course according to your needs.
  • The Arabic program is flexible, so you can come whenever it suits you (1-12 Weeks).
  • The Study Arabic program is also intensive, so you will learn Arabic everyday and practice it with Arabic native speakers and the staff of the Excellence Center.

Join Our Family in Palestine and Germany

Welcome to the Excellence Center: People who are between 18 – 75 years old are eligible to participate in all of our programs in Palestine and Germany. All nationalities and majors are welcome! You do not have to have any degree to join us. The Excellence Center hosts internationals year-round. Participants decide when they would like to start and end their programs. We are very flexible when it comes to starting and ending dates.

• Instruction 10
Daniel

A great way to learn Arabic!

I took a 2-week intensive course in the Levantine dialect of Arabic, and have improved a lot in my time at the Excellence Center. There is a real sense of community in the center, which is a great opportunity to practice more. Everybody is very welcoming and very helpful, which helped me settle into the community very easily! My lessons were very well paced, and I was constantly challenged with new material, while reviewing material I had already learned. I lived with Abboud during my stay, he was incredibly hospitable and gave me an opportunity to practice my Arabic when I was not in the Center, and Rafat very helpfully organised this for me. I would highly recommend this course to anybody who wants to learn Arabic in a supportive environment.

1 person found this review helpful.
Miriam

Super Flexible Program for those with Limited Time

I work full-time and was not able to take a regular course so I opted for private instruction. This worked out best for me and I recommend this to those with inflexible schedules. Rafat, the center director and founder, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I had some basic Arabic and he was able to construct lessons that suited my progress. Because I came during the New Year's holiday there weren't other students to interact with, but Halle is a very nice city with great cafes and a good arts movie theatre.
I lived with a refugee family so the accommodations were fine but if you are looking for a 5-star hotel this isn't it. I had my own room in a small apartment in which a mom and her 17 year old son were living. Shared bathroom. There were ample times to interact with them and over the holidays she had many refugee friends over and that was quite interesting. Rafat also organizes cultural programs in the afternoon where you can interact with other Arab speakers.

I think it would be interesting if Rafat offered a lecture or a talk with a local Imam or someone else who knows about the Islamic religion. Many refugees I met were fairly religious but most folks from non-Muslim countries - myself included - know very little about Islam. I would be interested in learning about the origins of wearing a hijab, burka or other clothing rituals. Why do Muslims follow certain traditions etc...? Maybe others would find this interesting too.
1 person found this review helpful.