Italian Courses in Sicily with Cultural Immersion Activities

Italian Courses in Sicily with Cultural Immersion Activities

The Italian Academy offers Italian language courses at all levels from beginner to advance and exam preparation courses for the prestigious CILS Italian language certification of the University of Siena. Students may choose from a range of Italian language courses, including one of our study holiday Italian+ courses: Food & Wine, History & Culture, Sports & Adventure and Photography.

Our aim is to set the gold standard in quality Italian language tuition:

-Highly qualified teachers of Italian to foreigners.
-Modern premises, WIFI and air-conditioning throughout
-Multimedia center, indoor and outdoor study areas
-24/7 student support
- Daily excursions and cultural activities to explore authentic Sicily
-Free Tandem language exchange program with local students
- Homestays or private / shared apartment accommodation
-CILS (University of Siena Certification of Italian as a foreign language) preparation and examination center
-DITALS Italian teacher training center

Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
Application Fee

• Instruction 9.5

Siracusa - the ideal place to study

Amazing experience, well beyond my expectations. Siracusa is the best place to study and spend a beautiful holiday! I really enjoyed traveling around Sicily, discovering wonderful places and rich history. I sincerely recommend The Italian Academy to all those looking for a fun and productive language holiday experience. I will definitely be back! Big thanks to all the friendly staff, a presto! Nataliia

Siracusa !

I stayed one week at The Italian Academy. It was a lovely experience. The school is new,
beautiful, lightful, and well designed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My teacher was very careful to listen to my study needs and adapt the lessons. I really like my homestay.

Siracusa is a beautiful city surrounded by the sea, full of history, arts, and welcoming people.
I would definetely like to come back a Siracusa and in Sicilia, and see them again.

Bus stop pick up!

One example of the kindness shown to us during our course was the day we were waiting (and waiting!) at a bus stop in Siracusa after lunch in a local caffè, when Arianna, the course coordinator passed by and stopped and gave us a lift back to our apartment in Ortigia.

It was her lunch break and she didn't have to spend it ferrying us home! Incidentally, she had recommended this wonderful caffè and several other excellent restaurants which were not listed in any guide books.

This personal warmth and kindness was extended to us by all the staff at The Italian Academy making our stay in Siracusa most enjoyable.

We have only compliments so it would be hard to suggest any improvements!

A wonderful, action-packed fortnight

My friend and I had the most wonderful fortnight in Siracusa in no small part thanks to the brilliant organisational efforts and teaching of The Italian Academy. Our morning lessons with Giusi were excellent and fun and every afternoon or weekend outing was well-organised by endlessly patient and kind Francesco who provided knowledgeable guides. There seemed no end to the beauty and hidden wonders of the region and we could easily have stayed longer. We especially enjoyed the full day 'Montalbano' tour which took us to Ispica, Modica, Scicli and other places that feature in the fictional detective series.
All the staff at the Academy were friendly and helpful.

I would have liked more clear information about our programme in advance of our arrival, although everything came as a very pleasant surprise!

Just perfect!

From the first contact with the Academy, I felt I was being treated as a friend rather than a client. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful, and keen to make sure that I enjoyed my stay in Siracusa. The classes were excellent and tailored to what I wanted to learn, and I felt I made real progress every day. The excursions were delightful and the guides friendly and knowledgeable. I'll be back!

Maybe some evening social functions

Sicily on my mind

I don't have a unique story to tell but a lot of thrilling moments that I did experience in those 3 weeks; it is so to say a patchwork of images that are in my mind whenever I think of Sicily; even though I knew before arriving, that Sicily would not disappoint my expectations , I was really touched not only for its huge historical heritage but mainly because of the friendly and marvelous sicilian people I met and knew, who made my stay in Siracusa unforgettable and made my last day so sad when I had to leave from Catania ... I will come back for sure

I honestly don't have big complaints about the program; the only small thing was the uncertainty we had some days about the schedule of the classes and who was going to teach us; anyway, that was not really a big problem because it was always solved on time. Besides that I did enjoy very much the atmosphere of the Academy and the quality of the teachers

About The Italian Academy

Soak up the Mediterranean culture in Sicily! Located on the south-eastern coast of the island and listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, the enchanting city of Siracusa is a treasure trove for all lovers of history, art and authentic Italian...