This summer, walk out of your comfort zone whilst learning and discovering Mexican culture! In just 4 weeks, you'll be surprised by the diversity and uniqueness Mexican culture really is - far away from the stereotypes!
Upon arrival, you will take a Spanish-language placement test which will determine the course you'll be in. Each Spanish class incorporates grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening comprehension, and socio-cultural aspects, such as Mexican history, literature, culture seminars and a folk dance workshops.
You'll share your classes with other international students, 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
The program also includes trips and excursions to different cities including Mexico City and Dolores Hidalgo.
- Experience the Mexican way of life and enjoy walking though the colorful streets of Guanajuato.
- Gain Spanish fluency by living with a Mexican host family and share daily life with them.
- Make memories you'll never forget during weekend excursions with classmates.
- Be part of a program that is a 100% local and that wants you to have the most authentic experience possible.
- Visit Mexico City, Dolores Hidalgo, San Miguel Allende and more during our weekend excursions.
What to Expect
Your day will start around 7:30/8am with a delicious breakfast Mexican style - eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice, season fruit and coffee.
After breakfast you will walk to the Universidad de Guanajuato central building (usually around 20mins from your house) and attend classes for 5 hours everyday from Monday to Friday.
After classes you can return home to have lunch with your host family and use the rest of the afternoon to do homework in one of the many small coffee places downtown, explore the city, attend cultural activities or just go out with your friends.
COURSES: Each level integrates the teaching of grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening comprehension as well as socio-cultural aspects like Mexican history, literature, culture seminar and a workshop of popular dance.
SCHEDULE: 5 hours every day from Monday to Friday.
Online Pre-Departure Orientation
Trip to Mexico City
Excursion to San Miguel de Allende
Excursion to Dolores Hidalgo
Weekly cultural activities
Housing & Meals
Mi casa es su casa, is a very popular Mexican saying that means 'My home is your home'. Our host families go through a careful screening process to make sure they've met all the conditions required and are eager to host you. Your homestay will provide:
- A private room with a bed, closet, and a desk
- Your laundry washed once a week (optional)
- Friendship, integration as a family member, conversation in Spanish and advice when appropriate
Our host families are all within 15 - 20 minutes walking distance (or an 8-minute bus ride) from downtown Guanajuato.
Your homestay will provide three meals a day and the occasional sandwich if we have an excursion.
Guanajuato is known as the place of frogs. Guanajuato was first popularized after silver veining was found in the areas, which have since become a UNESCO world heritage site. This charming city is small enough to be discovered completely on foot.