This experience is truly unique, combining language learning, community engagement, and regular courses with local students. It also provides you with the opportunity to really engage in Mexican culture and obtain a wider view of Mexico through the discovery of different cities, regions and ethnicities.
This program consists of 4 weeks of Spanish + community volunteer work in San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas and 19 weeks enrolled in the University in Guanajuato.
This program is available for the Spring Semester and the Fall Semester
- Volunteer at an awesome NGO that works with indigenous kids in Chiapas
- Take intensive Spanish course of 45 hours during your stay in Chiapas
- Participate in many trips and excursions while in Chiapas and Guanajuato
- Live with a Mexican host family throughout your entire stay
- Take classes at the University of Guanajuato and earn up to 15 US credits