• Mexico

Accommodation Activities Classes Some Meals
Aug 15, 2022
Sep 22, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Come and join the leading Spanish-language immersion program in Mexico City!

Iguana Abroad offers you the chance to live in the heart of Mexico City and learn Spanish in a fast, authentic, and immersive way. Whether you are a complete beginner or you already speak advanced Spanish, our personalized courses will bring you to the next level!

Our trips include 30+ hours of Spanish tuition, a unique program of cultural immersion and a series of excursions to diverse and exciting locations around Mexico City and beyond. Iguana Abroad participants live communally in our all-included accommodation in one of Mexico City’s most vibrant and exciting neighbourhoods. Iguana Abroad will take care of all the details: Spanish lessons, excursions, meals, activities and much, much more! Get in touch today to find out more!

Program Highlights

• 30+ hours of Spanish tuition
  • Live in the heart of Mexico City
  • Unique midweek Spanish-immersion events
  • Weekend trips to diverse locations around Mexico
  • Accommodation included

• Instruction 10
Daniel

Iguana Abroad was an incredible experience for learning Spanish whilst immersing myself within the Mexican and Latin American culture in CDMX. The trip was really special as the organisers (the 2x Harrys and Carolina) were always there to help and support us with anything we needed, and made sure that we felt completely comfortable from the get-go. I really appreciated the effort they went to because it was my first time travelling, yet I knew from the 1st zoom call that they are dedicated to ensuring you feel comfortable and have the best experience possible!

Learning Spanish for the first time was quite intense but also incredibly rewarding. Being able to practice my Spanish with locals and seeing the progress over time was one of my favourite parts of the programme, as I would never have had that level of exposure from a classroom in the UK. There were plenty of opportunities to practice too, such as speaking to the lovely breakfast chef in the mornings before lessons, the school's Spanish conversation club, whilst out and exploring the city, and of course all of the events and trips included in the programme.

The neighbourhood of La Condesa was surprisingly peaceful; when I envisioned Mexico City, I assumed that it was going to be non-stop and hectic, but instead, the neighbourhood was friendly and calming. Walking through the streets at night felt much safer than it does in Manchester! I especially enjoyed finding the go-to taquería (Tacos Hola El Güero) and using the outdoor gym in Parque España. By the end it felt like home, it's a really special place.

The selection of weekend trips allowed us to explore places outside of CDMX which would've been difficult to organise by ourselves. IA hired mini-buses for the trips and invited some Mexican friends along too so that we could make some new amigos along the way! A special mention goes to Las Estacas, which was everyone's favourite because of the perfectly blue water and buena onda (good vibes) all day long.

Overall Iguana Abroad is great for anyone interested in learning Spanish and willing to immersive themselves into everything CDMX has to offer!

Pros
  • The organisers are always there to help with anything you need
  • An excellent way to learn spanish as you can practice and see your progress every day!
  • You get to fully experience Mexican culture in the capital of CDMX with everything it has to offer
Cons
  • Because of the intensive nature of learning Spanish it can be a lot to process at times