Online Spanish Classes Blended with Mexican Culture

Our Spanish teacher Pedro
Our Spanish teacher Pedro
Na'atik language & culture exchange
Na'atik language & culture exchange

Learn Spanish online at your speed with our professional teachers based in southern Mexico. We aim to have you meet your language goals through interactive, personalized classes that seamlessly blend local Maya/Mexican culture and lore into the language lessons. Whether you're a beginner or reaching fluency, we are here to make learning fun and engaging.

Take advantage of this time to learn and master what you haven't previously had a chance to do. Our program is unique, personal and we are certain you will gain self-confidence and skills.

High school and college students can improve their Spanish communication and grammar to test out of their next year's Spanish classes through our professional, personalized and fun online Spanish program.

Every booking goes towards subsidizing our English program for the local community and keeps us running during these uncertain times.

• One-on-one attention with professional, native-speaking, Mexican teachers with individualized topics, themes and grammar
  • Maya/Mexican culture blended into Spanish language lessons
  • Professional and personal advancement
  • Attentive correspondence with our Language Immersion Manager who will make sure your classes go off without a hitch
  • 1 or 2-hour classes, as many times a week as you choose

• Content 10
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.8
Hassan

Na'atik Language and Culture Institute ONLINE!!!

We value the experiences travel, learning about different cultures and languages bring to our lives. As a result of that priority for us and our kids, we enrolled them in the online Spanish program at Na'atik. They have weekly sessions with Jose, a native Spanish speaker, they discuss soccer, food, travel experiences, more soccer etc.. It is super fun to see their Spanish skills improve through active conversation over the internet (visual and audio), which is perfect as we are hunkered down in the pandemic. Our kids were not very excited about this new activity at first, but now enjoy the sessions with Jose as they can sense that their Spanish is improving weekly, and the method is not a traditional learning method like a classroom would be, rather it is much more aligned with how I learned different languages....immersion. The program is super affordable and fun-highly recommended.

Nothing-it is fantastic! I would actually consider offering different platforms such as Zoom so that people can participate from different locations or may be more familiar with another platform, such as Skype. Google Hangouts, the current platform, works well and is easy to adapt to. I'm a Zoom guy :).
Brittany

Online learning in the time of Corona

Like so many people I have been quarantined and out of work due to the corona virus. I decided it would be a good idea to do something useful with this extra time and I knew just who to contact. About two years ago, I traveled to Mexico to study at Na’atik for two weeks. It was an incredible, life changing experience. Thankfully, Na'atik offers online classes. I decided to give them a try.
I was paired with my teacher, Cesar, who is amazing. The classes are fun and personalized to my level and my learning speed. We talk about interesting things while learning how to use the language. It has been a fantastic experience overall. So, fantastic, in fact, that I have re-enrolled and will continue to do so.
My hope is to return to Na'atik in person someday when travel is safe again. But, for now, I am happy that Na'atik is offering these incredible online classes.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I always get nervous before a class because speaking and listening in a language besides English brings me some stress. I am a perfectionist and knowing going in to something that I am going to make mistakes is difficult. But, Cesar is always incredibly supportive and creates and atmosphere in which I can make mistakes and keep learning.
kerri

I learned so much from chatting in Spanish online every week!

I love my Spanish classes with Osmar. It feels like I am transported to Mexico every Wednesday evening, as we chat in Spanish and I can hear the birds in the background! A nice escape from rainy days in England :) I didn't want to learn to read or write in Spanish or have homework (my day job is quite intense), so I asked if we can stick chatting regularly to keep up my practice. I was grateful that Osmar was happy with this and every week we talked about big topics like the latest news (including Covid), politics, global warming, sustainable tourism and the environment. In just ten weeks of chatting, Osmar taught me how to use the different types of past tense (hurrah!) and at the end of each class he gives me pointers on what to correct and useful resources to practice more. 100% recommend picking up classes - so much fun and so good to escape the everyday rhythm of life with a taste of Mexico.

What was your funniest moment?
When Osmar and I both 'woop wooped' because I finally used the past tense properly!!
Molly

Amazing online Spanish class

My weekly Spanish class was everything I hoped it would be. I already have a strong Spanish foundation, and I wanted to brush up on my skills since I don't have opportunities to speak Spanish in my daily life. Na'atik and Maestro Pedro customized a conversation-based class that was perfect for me and my goals. Meeting via ZOOM was surprisingly easy, and Pedro made sure to create an encouraging learning environment where I felt comfortable making mistakes and learning new things. No matter what your level of Spanish, your Na'atik teacher will boost your confidence as well as offer you new challenges and areas of growth.

The fact that a percentage of my class fees went directly to providing English classes for the local Na'atik community was a special bonus. Na'atik will forever hold a special place in my heart.