The Latinx Patient: Medical Spanish & Latinx Culture Program

Are you a student considering a career in health care systems as a nurse, doctor, or social worker? This course will help you stand out and gain the crucial skills and knowledge necessary in America’s diverse, multicultural society. Even more importantly, you'll be empowered to provide better care for your Latinx patients now or in the future.

Learn more below and how EdOdyssey’s approach to medical Spanish is better because it combines language AND culture. Together, we can radically improve patient experience and outcomes for the largest minority population in the United States.

• Small Group Classes
  • Earn a Program Certificate upon completion
  • Improved Communication & Spanish Language Skills
  • Stand out for your future career / major

✈️ Free Study Abroad Flights!

Ready to get out and explore the world again? We are too! So excited, that to celebrate we want to help you cover the cost of your international airfare — up to $800. Valid for any student that studies abroad with EdOdyssey in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.

• Content 10
  • Engagement 9
  • Platform 8.5
Judy

Fantastic Program - Would do it again

This program was offered to me and a few other students at my university. With the desire to work in the healthcare field and as someone who has a strong passion for the Spanish language and culture, this was the perfect program. We worked with EdOdyssey and El Sol for approximately eight weeks, Monday-Thursday evenings and the staff and professors of the programs were always so kind-hearted, understanding, and compassionate with the content they delivered. I have been studying the Spanish language for eight years but never found course or attended a school that offered a medically-focused Spanish course. As I mentioned, this was the absolute perfect course that mixed my passions of the medical field and Spanish language.

Mondays and Tuesdays, we worked with El Sol through the language portion of the course and learned the doctor-to-patient dialogue in Spanish. Wednesdays and Thursdays, we worked with EdOdyssey through the cultural modules and learned more about the cultural aspects of a Latinx patient. Both parts of the program, language and culture were always intriguing and eye-opening, and I know I can apply the content that I learned throughout these eight weeks, into my future career.

Regarding the staff and professors of the EdOdyssey and El Sol, everyone was always so helpful, communicative, and understanding. Especially through a virtual format, if we faced some technical difficulties, we would work together to figure it out to ultimately have a beneficial experience. Few technical hiccups here and there, but overall the program ran smoothly.

In short, I would do this program all over again if I could. I loved every minute and every class we had, and want to give a huge thank you to Luis and Profesora Elsa!

Hui

Amazing Program - Take It from an Insider's Perspective!

I learned about EdOdyssey's Medical Spanish and Latinx Culture program from my time as one of the company's summer interns. I helped create some of the marketing content prior the project's official release. I can tell from my behind-the-scenes work with the EdOdyssey team that everyone in the company is very passionate about making cultural immersion possible, even during the pandemic. I was blown away by the sheer creativity and dedication that the team put into this program. EdOdyssey is really making the best out of a tough time: travel may be on hold, but learning from valuable cultural experiences doesn't have to be!

From my experience learning about the program from an insider's perspective, I can say that this is no ordinary Spanish course. Students will not only improve their over Spanish skills, but also learn field-specific terms that other Spanish programs may not cover. The Latinx culture aspect of the program will provide students with a deeper understanding of the beliefs that Latinx patients hold regarding their health and help them view cases from a more culturally-informed perspective.

Furthermore, EdOdyssey is working with El Sol, a certified language school based in Lima, Peru, for the Medical Spanish and Latinx culture program. Students will learn directly from Latinx educators who have experience with language and culture in the medical setting. The skills that this program offers are sure to make any Spanish student and/or aspiring healthcare professional stand out! I definitely recommend this program!