• Online

Intensive Standard
Specialized Courses
Business
Class Size
Private Lessons Small Class (1-7)

Pricing

What's Included
Classes
Nov 04, 2022
Dec 04, 2022
5 travelers are looking at this program

Study Mandarin Chinese online and enjoy private online classes with our professional native Chinese teachers anytime, anywhere.

We use our in-house digital platform NihaoCafe to help you connect with your teacher, review class notes, and schedule classes.

The platform features a rich library of tailor-made content: videos, articles, comic stories and exercises. Thanks to our digital whiteboards, your teacher will take all the notes for you — so you can focus on the class and conversation instead. You will have access to these notes and your class

Program Highlights

• HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEACHERS -
All our teachers are highly qualified professionals, university graduates majoring in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language. They are native Chinese speakers and speak Standard Mandarin dialect (标准普通话, biāozhǔn pǔtōnghuà)
  • DIGITAL CLASS NOTES
 - Our in-house learning platform will help you reach your learning goals at your own pace. Class content and teacher’s notes automatically get recorded into the system, so it’s easy to review your classes.
  • LIVE INTERACTION
 - Classes are conducted live online and are taught using the same methods we use at our schools. Our course arrangement system can manage your classes – wherever you are, you and your teachers can stay informed about the class schedule.
  • FULL SUPPORT -
If you have questions about your courses, you can always reach out to our course consultants. Besides, our professional IT team is online 24 hours a day, ready to solve any unexpected issues.

• 5 rating 90.74%
  • Engagement 4.95
  • Platform 4.8
Kyle

Best Mandarin School in China

I have been doing private lessons now for half a year, and my Chinese level gets better every class. They have an amazing handmade curriculum that is very easy to digest. I never feel like I'm going to class, the classes always feel like a discussion, which is how learning a language should be. As my time in China is coming to a close, I have no plans of ending my classes. I will continue to do online because my progress has been that noticeable. When talking about how I learned Chinese, I always say I had 8 teachers that were teaching part time and I wasn't learning anything. The first time I visited the That's Mandarin campus, I bought 32 classes because I was that impressed. After those 32 classes finished I bought another 64. If you are serious about learning this beautiful language, this is the place to learn it!

Pros
  • Great Curriculum
  • Flexible Times
  • Fantastic Staff
Suhua

Excellent School

I love That's Mandarin. It is an excellent school with lots of flexibility and great teachers. I have been taking Mandarin Online 1 on 1 for six months and I have seen lots of improvement. I can carry a conversation with native speakers, just need little more of practice. I really recommend this school specially if you have a busy work schedule and you have only specific/limited hours available a day. That's Mandarin team will help you set up a class schedule that meets your needs. I find these classes very interactive. And once in a while the coordinator will follow up with me in terms of my progress, feedback from the teacher and if I have any request or feedback for my teacher.

Pros
  • Flexibility
  • Experienced teachers
  • Study resources/Nihao Platform
Christian

Excellent Chinese School

That's Mandarin is a great place to learn Chinese. I take online classes and my teacher is very passionate and attentive. The Nihao cafe is an excellent platform to continue reviewing your work and improving between lessons. I like the convenience of the Nihao cafe scheduling system where you can book classes in advance. The course content is pretty good and covers words that are more commonly used in daily life (as opposed to some of the older words found in text books). Overall, I am pleased so far with my lessons.

1 person found this review helpful.
Leonardo

Awesome Language School! 好厉害的语言学校!❤️

Excellent place to improve your Chinese!
I've been learning with That's Mandarin (谢谢辛英老师!❤️) for over 5 months now.

Teachers are highly qualified, patient, and can suit the class for your specific needs. I study online, and they developed a very engaging website that is both easy and convenient to use.

The teacher I was assigned to (Ying Xin) is very good, if you decide to study with them, maybe ask if she's available. Nevertheless, I'm sure all teachers are great, you should definitely book a free trial Chinese Class.

Here's a picture of me studying at Starbucks ☕✌🏻

加油!💪🏻

Pros
  • Great teachers
  • Nihao Cafe website works well
Carly

Group Classes and 1-1 at That's Mandarin

I generally like the classes and the teacher is great (lots of history, and very patient with us!) but have a few things I would change if I could! I think personally I need more homework to ensure I keep up with studying between classes; also, the content is a mix of what's relevant and not - the hanzi studies are very important but I also want to alternate with conversational or industry-relevant vocabulary. Maybe we could also have classes with more frequency to ensure we're learning faster and with more retention.

Pros
  • Great online platform
  • Teacher
  • Mix of intro + more advanced material
Cons
  • Need homework for accountability
  • Would love more tailored content
  • Maybe more frequency?
Stephan

That’s mandarin

Great school, amazing teachers, beautiful space. Recommend this successfully to two of my friends. I am studying with Thats Mandarin since summer 2022 in group courses twice a week. Currently at a medium low level my Chinese has improved significantly over the past months. More importantly, I have regained and fostered my motivation to continue learning, using the language with greater confidence and increased frequency in my everyday life. That being said, I met great people and look forward to improving my language skills over the course of the upcoming months.

Pros
  • Professional
  • Affordable
  • Inspiring
Cons
  • None really
1 person found this review helpful.
Carly

Group Classes and 1-1 at That's Mandarin

I've been studying at That's Mandarin for a few months now and have experienced both group and 1-1 classes. Both of them are great and I would recommend to anyone wanted to learn Mandarin. The course syllabus is relevant to everyday life and I found that I was improving very quickly. When I joined, I knew some grammar structures and a fair amount of words but I was not very fluent, and I could only make short sentences. After a few weeks of studying here, I could express my thoughts and ideas a lot more coherently. You don't need to make notes; everything covered in the class such as the sentences made by teachers and students as well as anything extra mentioned, is all on the e-learning platform ready for you to review whenever you have time.
I've had three teachers here and they've all been fantastic. I would highly recommend this school.

Pros
  • Don't need to make notes as everything is uploaded to their e-learning platform
  • The teachers are just fantastic in general and explain things in a way that makes sense to their students
  • The material and topics covered mean that you can start using the language straight away, nothing is irrelevant
Barton

That's Mandarin

I've really enjoyed the last few years studying at That's Mandarin. I've tried 4-5 schools and That's Mandarin have the most engaging classes, the most passionate and caring teachers and the best online tool for in-class learning.

During class, I appreciate the freeform nature of the digital "whiteboard" where the teacher can write notes. I find it more valuable than just clicking through slides. Outside of class, the videos, audio, and practice games back it easy to do some further study.

I expect to be with them for many years to come!

Pros
  • Friendly teachers who really commit themselves
  • A helpful online tool to facilitate remote learning
  • Flexibility in scheduling classes
Cons
  • Online tool can be a little slow and confusing at times