• Online
Chinese

Pricing

Online Course Pricing Starts From USD 20 – USD 35 Per Class.
Dec 13, 2021
Jan 13, 2022
2 travelers are looking at this program

Learn Chinese online anytime, anywhere you want with an online Chinese tutor. Experience the same quality Mandarin Chinese lessons we offer at our schools.

Our Online lessons are conducted on a One-on-One basis, where our Shanghai-based teachers create a tailor-made curriculum based on the aspects of Chinese language and culture that meet your learning goals.

Program Highlights

• No Skype - We have our own software that works with your browser when you log-in to our website. Simple!
  • Free Platform - Sign up for an account and get a free access to our online courses and rich multimedia features. No more notes!
  • Book a Class - Once you’ve created an account, you can book and take lessons with our teachers. Your first class is free. No Risk!
  • Top Quality Teachers - All our teachers hold a university degree and go through a specialised training program, before they can teach with us. Learn Smart!

• 9-10 rating 91.67%
  • 7-8 rating 8.33%
  • Instruction 9
  • Content 9.7
  • Engagement 9.8
  • Platform 9.1
Calum

The best Chinese language school...

....would have to be That's Mandarin. Their teachers and support staff look after you extremely well and will tailor the programme content to match your needs. All you need is a goal/or goals.
Teachers will only speak Chinese, and although this can be daunting, it helps a lot. You can feel confident the next time you hop into a Beijing taxi and want to navigate beyond "where are you from?" with them.
I highly recommend this school to anyone who is considering taking that step into learning Chinese.

Pym

Great experience

The platform is very intuitive, it's great not having to take notes. It's helpful being able to preview your next lesson so you can be better prepared for the session. My teacher is fantastic, very patient and has great energy which makes the classes fun. The pre-recorded videos are a nice way to break up the lesson and practice listening (and repeating) some other speakers. It feels as though I'm making progress at a good speed without feeling rushed. I've been conducting my lessons virtually but look forward to also doing them in person.

Daniela

Private 1:1 offline classes at Thats Mandarin

I booked 1:1 classes at Thats Mandarin to learn for my HSK4 Exam. Before I started I was asked what my learning goals are and the lessons were prepared accordingly. The software that Thats Mandarin uses has some minor bugs but it is a very good tool to review and to practise. I don't need to buy books or workbooks, everything is provied online. The teachers are very good and patient. They know how to teach foreigners chinese. I really like the classes there and my Chinese is improving quite fast.

Young Hee

That’s Mandarin

The class size is small like 3~5 so I could learn in more detail such as private class. At the same time classmates from all over the world make the class more exciting and fun. Also the contents of the class is very practical so it can be directly applied to real life, such as how to order and pay in restaurant or how to use delivery service, buy something etc.. It was really useful and exciting. Finally, I liked the lobby in the That’s Mandarin. There, we can freely drink coffe and tea and talk people so we can have some good time before or after class.

Through this program, by learning Chinese with people from different backgrounds, I was able to adapt to the unfamiliar environment of Beijing a little faster.
Elise

Studying inThat's Mandarin is really a wonderful experience!

I attended That's Mandarin private 1-2-1 Chinese classes for about two years and it's been a great choice!I learn so much about Chinese language, culture, society etc. Gradually my level of Chinese is improving and when class is over I am looking forward to next weeks class!
The teachers are friendly and professional,the online materials are very helpful for self-studying outside of the class, and school facilities are nice and neat.
for example, the videos, allow immersion into the Chinese language, culture, and daily life. Students receive support even beyond the curriculum by discussing their everyday life. The learning speed is well adapted to the learning type.
Aside from the courses themselves, the mandarin administration team is also one of the best I have experienced. If I need anything from rescheduling a class to any required assistance, they respond within a day or two and are always helpful. They also regularly ask for your feedback and try to improve your experience.
These lessons have been a great experience for me and have helped me develop confidence in other areas of my life. Learning Mandarin is far from easy but by trying difficult things, I have proven to myself that anything's possible with a burning desire and hard work to make it happen. I would highly recommend That's Mandarin if you want to start or further develop your Chinese language skills. These skills will be invaluable later on in life.

What was your funniest moment?
I've tried small group online course several times also. I love how comprehensive the program is - it has a combination of audio, custom made videos, speaking and character recognition /reading for all - round learning. The topics are engaging and relevant to contemporary culture. The program goes at a pace that is challenging enough but also adjusts to where you are at in your stages of learning Mandarin. I love that it is not just based on pre-set materials. We would be talking about what we did on the weekend, and then a topic would emerge and we go through the relevant vocabulary and grammar points related to that, so the learning just happens organically in that moment. My teacher is very patient and helpful, and I enjoy and look forward to every lesson. The program support by email is very attentive and prompt.
Maja

That’s Mandarin 1:1

I would highly recommend this Chinese program. You are in very good hands from the beginning with books, their platform and arranging your classes. I chose to do 1:1 class in person, and Na Laoshi has been great. She plans the lesson to my level and is patient with me. I also wanted to learn characters, so she added that to my platform as well. If you tell them what you want and how you want to learn, they are able to provide that. I feel more confident about my Chinese now and am looking forward to continue my lessons and improving my Chinese.

Emily

Online classes at That's Mandarin Beijing School

My husband and I was living and worked in Hong Kong. And in end October 2018 we decided to take a short break and finally we've spent a month in Beijing to learn Mandarin at That's Mandarin School Beijing together. Before we signed up for the courses we have checked quite a few other language schools in Beijing. We found the Chinese language programs provide by That's Mandarin School cover wide range of levels and seems very interesting too!

We've chosen the intensive courses (1-1 class) in Beijing and we did 4 hours a day from Monday to Friday. We've two different teachers during the whole course and both are very professional and friendly. Every class we had was personalized to suit our level and the topics is from newspaper, stories, textbooks to videos.

We enjoyed very much our 1 month study at the school so we still continue with their online classes after we've returned to Hong Kong. The admin. team is very helpful and the school is very flexible on the schedules.... it suit best for our busy working schedule when we need to reschedule our classes due to some clash on the work schedule.

Even now we've been relocated to work in Shanghai (since mid of this year), I'm still continue with their online classes and I would highly recommend my friends to That's Mandarin School Beijing if they would like to learn Mandarin!!

Jahida

Amazing Learning Experience

I started to learn Chinese with That's Mandarin for already 2 months and I feel so much more confortable to speak out, and enjoy the life in Shanghai.
Before each class I received an email reminder, it is really usefull. Then when I arrived the reception team always warmly welcome me. My working shift change every week but they do their best to assign me the same teacher each week. My teacher is so good, I feel so happy to go to class each week, and enjoy the learning process. At the end of the class I can access to the Nihaocafe account and review at home my new lesson, and to be ready to the next one.
love it !!