Habla Ya Spanish School in Panama City - Spanish Immersion Programs in Latin America's Trendiest Capital

- Book a 4 Week Spanish Immersion (or longer) and receive FREE from us one of the following: 5 Day Surf Course, 20 Yoga Sessions, Open Water Diving Course (PADI) OR Rock Climbing Certification!
- Permaculture programs, urban gardening, internships and many new volunteer opportunities coming soon!

Panama City is home to a rich diversity of cultures and inhabitants from all over the globe. Whether in pursuit of exquisitely renovated colonial neighborhoods, a flamboyant skyline bordered by the Panama Canal, the Pacific Ocean and dense tropical rainforest, or simply in search of sophisticated nightlife and unique cuisine experiences, Panama City is packed with art, culture, history and contemporary comforts of all kind.

An Official DELE Examination Center, Habla Ya is right in the heart of modern Panama City on the border of El Cangrejo and El Carmen, only a couple of blocks from the Subway in Via Argentina, surrounded by loads of bars, hotels, casinos, gyms and shops.

Following the tradition of Habla Ya Boquete and Bocas, Habla Ya Panama City has dozen of effective Spanish Courses customized to your learning needs that'll get you speaking Spanish in no time: Spanish for Business, Legal Spanish, Spanish for Travelers or a General Spanish Course with Group or Private Lessons

North America » Panama » Panama City

Rachel
CA, USA
California State University- Channel Islands

4 weeks in Boquete, 1 week in Bocas del Toro

I spent four weeks at Habla Ya in Boquete and one week in Bocas Del Toro studying Spanish with Habla Ya. In Boquete, I took group classes with Yubal and he is excellent. He made class fun and was clear with the material so me and my classmate learned a lot! He also speaks very good English which was very helpful in times of confusion for clarification, and he was sure to review anything we weren't clear about. I looked forward to going to class every day.

Also in Boquete I took private classes with Kimberly and Jeremy. Kimberly is incredibly sweet and very good at creating conversation with her students which lets us help practice when we don't even realize it. I really enjoyed my time with her! I spent less time with Jeremy but he was also helpful in going over new vocabulary and helping me remember it. Both professors were sure to help reiterate what I had been learning in group classes.

I got to stay with the Miranda family in Boquete which was a complete gift! All were extremely kind and fun to talk to, and their house is like a garden oasis that is beyond peaceful.

For one week in Bocas del Toro I stayed with the Morales Campbell family, who were very hospitable and easy to talk to. Their house is right in the middle of town which made walking easy as well. My professor was Benita, who I loved so much! She treated me and my other classmate like daughters, and her direct teaching style helped us advance faster in the level we were in. Benita wanted to know how we learned best so that she could teach accordingly, which was also so cool. She made my short time in Bocas very fun and made me feel immediately welcome.

Valerie

1 week in Boquete

I studied Spanish for a month in Bocas and Boquete. I spent 3 weeks in Bocas fell in love with the place and the people. My time in Boquete was tranquil and an amazing end to a incredible trip. I was lucky enough to have awesome teachers in both locations but in Boquete I had Leidys (also had Kimberly for private classes). Leidys was friendly and provided a variety of activities in class to enhance my skills. I recommend that if you'd like to learn Spanish - Panama is a great option. If you like to go out at night and enjoy beaches Bocas is certainly for you - or if you prefer a laid back hiking town you should check out Boquete.

Ted
USA
University of Tennessee- Knoxville

Residential and online experience with Habla Ya

Over the last year I have had occasion to work with Habla Ya language schools of Panama, first during a one-month series of on-site individual and group lessons with a variety of teachers in Panama City and subsequently via the web with my teacher Leidys in Boquete. My initial goal had been to take my basic command of Spanish to a higher level in working with patients (I am a physician), and I can confidently say that this goal has been more than amply met. Though I continue to use interpreters in some situations, their role has generally been to confirm my understanding or to assist in particularly complex communications.

While advancing my capacity to use the Spanish language was my initial goal, what I have also experienced has been the delight of exposure to a culture and history of which I had been at best peripherally aware as well as rich literary and musical traditions, and I credit this awakening in no small part to the enthusiasm and professionalism of my teachers at Habla Ya. I have worked with tutors and teachers in a variety of contexts in recent years trying to improve my skills, and I have made far more progress working with Habla Ya than anywhere else. The school has developed a very effective approach to teaching, maintains a very high standard of pedagogy, and adapts very effectively to individual needs.

I continue with my studies at Habla Ya, confident that my understanding of the Spanish language and its iinterwoven culture will continue to improve. Thanks, Habla Ya!

Karen

A Rewarding Learning Experience!!

Leidys Pitti is a friendly and attentive professor who delivered well-planned and well-paced lessons that ensured maximum comprehension. Her knowledgeable and experienced teaching gave us the confidence to carry conversations solely in Spanish. Her strength lies in her willingness to share Panamanian cultural norms and customs alongside her lessons. Her amiable nature and quick wit made the experience enjoyable and rewarding.

Meike
Germany

It ist definitely worth it

After a stay in Boquete in 2014 and 2016 I visited Boquete again in 2017. And once more I took Spanish classes at the Habla Ya Spanish School.

I booked 4 weeks of group lessons in advance and extended my stay with more private lessons. I got a promotion offer and got a free diving class in Bocas as I booked some time in advance.

For the second time I attended classes with Leidys Pitti. I was very glad that the school made it happen that I could join her class again. Within 4 weeks we finished one level and she gave me good advices for the upcoming DELE exams.

Everyone at HablaYa is really friendly and helpful and for me it felt like coming home this time. If you have any questions - no matter what kind of question - they are there to help you.

That is why I honestly want to thank everyone at HablaYa and especially Leidys for the wonderful time I had in Boquete.

Elena
Vienna, Austria

Great to learn Spanish

I had only one week in Habla Ya in Panama City but thanks to my awesome teacher (Sergio) I could make so many progresses. The staff is very friendly, helpful and determined to make your experience there the best as possible. My teacher found the perfect way for me to improve my skills and I had a lot of fun learning from him. The teachers try to adapt the learning method based on the individuals. I really liked this personal touch.

Hannah
Stillwater, Minnesota, USA

Awesome Spanish school and experience!

Very informative and helpful. Everyone is very friendly! The teachers are all very patient. Classes aren't too big and classes are fun! I went alone, but I also knew several families that went together and really enjoyed the experience. So whether you are traveling solo or traveling with a group you will have a great time. There are also lots of activities to do that the school can help you organize.

Güliz
Istanbul, Turkey

A great experience.

Habla Ya is really good. The school, the staff and the teaching methods are all great. Especially we are very happy with our teacher Judith Barret. She is very efficient and professional. Also great fun in the classroom. We were lucky to have her as our teacher. I highly recommend this school and teacher!

Leander
Verrebroek, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium

Leander De Puysseleyr, review hablaya

In september I came to a foreign country, Panama in the hope to master Spanish in one month. With the help of the great teachers of hablaya I realised this goal. I already had a basis of spanish to help me improve quickly. The teachers were amazing and some of them became friends for life. The amazing students who came from all over the world to learn spanish definitely also made my trip the best one that I've done so far.

In short amazing teachers and amazing experience.

With love Leander from Belgium.

The teachers and host families get next to nothing for the work that they do. Their wage should be much higher.

Chuck

Online Experience

Started with Habla Ya To Really Get a Grasp for Spanish. The Structure Is Very Well Laid Out and Each of The Building Blocks Gave Me A Way of Learning with Limited Frustration for Myself & Hopefully for Sergio. My Work Schedule Can Be Bizarre to Say the Least and Accommodations Were Always Made. Hopefully I Can Block Out A steady Time to Continue. This Is an Excellent Online Program and I would Like to Have a Week or Two in Person. Good Stuff…….

Learn Spanish by the Caribbean Sea, in the cloud forest, in Latin America's most cosmopolitan city, or at the three of them!

With locations in Panama's most exciting destinations by the beach (Bocas del Toro), in the mountains (Boquete), and in Panama City, Habla Ya