Interactive Spanish Course in Panama City's Old Quarter

Group of Spanish Students with their teacher at Casco Antiguo Spanish School
Group of Spanish Students with their teacher at Casco Antiguo Spanish School
Group of Spanish teachers at San Blas Islands in Panama
Group of Spanish teachers at San Blas Islands in Panama

We are the only language school located in the UNESCO world heritage site of Casco Viejo, the safest neighborhood in Panama City and one of the coolest in Latin America. The Small Group Intensive is the school’s most popular course and the fastest way to learn Spanish in the shortest time possible.

Small class sizes, avg. 2 or 3 students per group and max of 4, ensure you get personalized attention and can practice speaking. From total beginners to advanced speakers we offer groups at all levels. The classes are very interactive and focused on conversation, to ensure you have the confidence to speak the language.

The course includes a workbook/textbook, free coffee, tea, wifi, and all the material we use in class as well as free daily activities such as sunset bike ride, brewery tour, salsa lessons, and volleyball. These activities are a great way to meet other students and practice your Spanish outside of class.

• Only school located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Casco Viejo, the safest neighborhood in Panama
  • Guaranteed small group size, average of 2 to 3 people and maximum of 4 students per group
  • Free daily social activities included, Sunset Bike Tour, Salsa Class, Happy Hour, Beach Volleyball
  • Volunteer placements at local non-profit organizations offered free for students
  • Social Enterprise, percentage of your tuition supports local non-profits, and 100% of Homestay fees go directly to families

• Instruction 10
Keith

Casco Viejo

On very short notice Casco Antiguo Spanish School were able to schedule an instructor and classes for my teenage son and I. David and his staff greeted us with warmth and enthusiasm. Yvonne,our instructor, was very skilled at determining our level of control with the language, our potential for gain, and directing our course to meet that potential.l
The staff were eager to provide any assistance we requested and knowledgeable of the resources available to allow us to enjoy the bountiful tourism offered in Panama City.
We were also accomadate with a local family which welcomed us as if we were long lost cousins. This included delicious meals and walking distance access to local establishments. As the mother of the house was aware we are practicing Catholics she even invited us into her parish family.

Amy

The Best Experience Ever!

I loved Casco Antiguo Spanish School so much! I feel so lucky to have found it online. I spent 4 days (4 hours each) of classes. When I say "class," it was so much more than a traditional Spanish class! First, the school is set in a perfect location in Casco Viejo and makes the most of it during the lessons. I stayed the first two days at Playa Bonita and took an Uber to my lessons (20 min.). The other two days I stayed at La Concordia Hotel in Casco Viejo (7 min. walk to the school). Second, the wonderful people here set this school apart! My two teachers, Graciela (3 lessons) and Karen (1 lesson), were great. I had a mix of different activities that were super fun and the grammar parts specifically honed in on my weak areas (thanks to the pre-test this give you before starting). We did so much- visiting museums, parks, Uber ride and lunch with Graciela at a local restaurant. Besides being a wonderful teacher, Graciela made a perfect personal travel guide. I can't thank her enough for her patience! I also really enjoyed my other teacher, Karen, for one lesson. Johanna, the administrator, was so wonderful to deal with in making my arrangements. I felt so comfortable about the idea of the school even before my trip. The first morning I walk into the school I was greeted warmly by all the staff. I immediately felt at home here. My husband (que no habla espanol para nada!) says that he is willing to take classes there on our next visit, too (his first time in showing interest to attend a Spanish class). Also, the Spanish booklet they provide you is chock-full of Spanish exercises all geared to my level. I am going to continue using it at home. Thanks again to everyone at Casco Antiguo Spanish School for my wonderful learning adventure!

Nichole

Highly recommend this Spanish Language School!

I studied at Casco Antiguo Spanish School for 7 weeks and absolutely loved it! I had a variety of wonderful teachers, and the administrative staff is also amazing and very engaged with the students. The classes were fun and interesting, covering a wide variety of topics. The teachers and staff regularly requested my feedback and made an effort to tailor the classes to my language level and to my personal interests. My Spanish language abilities improved significantly! I also volunteered at a non-profit organization and stayed with a host family, both coordinated by the Spanish School. I absolutely loved the host family and have stayed in touch with them. My volunteer experience was also very enjoyable. I’ve studied at a number of Spanish language schools in a few different countries, and Casco Antiguo is my favorite!

Lucia

I loved attending Casco Antiguo Spanish School!

I loved attending Casco Antiguo Spanish School located in the heart of Casco Viejo, the historic district of Panama City. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997, Casco Viejo was established around 1673 by the Spanish colonialists. It was very interesting to walk from my apartment to school every morning and discover every day a new colorful colonial house with its beautiful architectural details.
During the day I had 4 hours of advanced Spanish language classes in the morning. In the afternoon, in another group, I had 2 more hours dedicated to review and deepened what we had learned in the morning.
During the morning classes our teachers made sure we experienced the language and especially the culture by taking us outside the classroom and into the street of Casco Viejo for at least two of the 4 hours of class. In the village we had the chance to use the language for practical purposes like buying lunch or interviewing people in the street about a topic we had just discussed in class. We also toured the many restored colonial houses and learned about their history from the people who lived there.
Moreover, I was lucky to be there the day that Panama was celebrating its birthday: 500 years (picture left)! During this event we walked around town, saw dances and parades and we talked to a lot of people about their history and traditions.
All teachers at Casco Antiguo Spanish School create material that provide students with dynamic, participative and engaging learning experiences. They expose students to linguistic and cultural authenticity. Understanding the culture is as important as learning the words of a language and most importantly it opens student’s eyes in a way that is different from their own.
I truly recommend to take Spanish at Casco Antiguo Spanish School!

Caroline

Learning Spanish with Casco Antiguo!

Casco Antiguo Spanish School was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone - I attended a 3 week group class and they were always open to help accommodate to my difficult schedule, and when I couldn't attach a class they made up the hours another week, without me even asking! The second you walk into the school you feel at home, friendly faces and a great variety of techniques to learn Spanish. As well as teaching in the classroom, they offer afternoon and day trips to all students which is a great way to see Panama and practice your Spanish in different scenarios. For someone looking for a couple of days Spanish refresher or for someone looking for a somewhere to study for a longer time, this school suits you all. With a great location to go for food and drinks after the class with your new friends. I would highly recommend the school to you all :) Muchas Gracias Casco Antiguo!

What was your funniest moment?
It was great walking around the old town during class and directing the other class mates in Spanish. You have a laugh together but you are also learning. Great balance

About Casco Antiguo Spanish School

Located in Casco Viejo, the historic old quarter of Panama City, Casco Antiguo Spanish School provides interactive language immersion experiences, 1 on 1 lessons, volunteering, social activities, tours, and homestays for those interested in learning...