Escuela Montalbán - Spanish courses in Granada

Escuela Montalbán - Spanish courses in Granada

We offer different levels of Spanish language programs. Our Standard Spanish Course features 4 lessons/day and usually takes place during holiday breaks. The Standard Spanish is more relaxed and suitable for students who are interested in the Spanish culture. Students often start learning the language from scratch, or improve off linguistic knowledge they previously had. An Intensive or Superintensive Spanish Course has 5 or 6 lessons/day and focuses more on teaching students the most Spanish possible. Those interested in this program often stay in Spain and utilize their surroundings to practice language comprehension skills.

• Spanish courses since 1986; accredited by the Instituto Cervantes; examination center
Europe » Spain » Granada
Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
Application Fee
Deposit
Included in the course price: Level-testing, 1 week Spanish course with 4 lessons of 45 minutes per day from Monday to Friday, host family accommodation (single room/full board), educational material (photocopies and textbooks), the costs of some of the activities included in the cultural programme, certificate of attendance. Not included in the course price: Airport transfers, travel insurance, the costs of some of the activities included in the cultural programme, final examination SIELE.

• Instruction

John
Dublin

Spanish at Escuela Montalbán

Escuela Montalbán has got quite a few things going its way.
Firstly, the location. Granada is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and while there are other that are bigger, or have a beach right on the edge of the city, none has the charm that she does.
My second point is along the same tracks, but more precise. The location within the city. It is pretty much in the city centre so it’s easy to get to and you can go sightseeing straight from the class without wasting time. Yet it is not in the busy, noisy, tourist laden part, so apart from the lone dog barking from time to time, the area is very quite, which as you can imagine, is quite the ideal place for a school to be at.
Now since this is a school, let’s dive into the good stuff, classes. I spent a couple of weeks here doing the Standard course, and over the course of my time there, I had classes or at least contact with pretty much every staff member. They are, obviously, all different, but they do have one thing in common though, and that’s the passion for teaching and the patience required to do so well. All of them are very friendly and try to find new ways of reaching and captivating their students, as they know that the old ways are not necessarily always the best. Ranging from board games, through watching videos and movies to discussing the hot topics of the day (Cataluña in my case) there was always interesting to do. Obviously, you can’t just skip grammar, but it can be complemented by interesting and fun things to do, so after having learned something, you use it in order to remember it for longer than the first 30mins after the class is over.
And last but certainly not least, there’s the cultural program that they offer. Cultural program is an important part of language apprehension, as it’s not just the language classes that you need to have in order to learn properly, you also need to get to know the culture/s behind the language and socialize a bit either with other students or locals, which once again, promotes the use of Spanish, that is the only way that you truly learn and improve.
TL:DR - I had a blast while in Escuela Montalbán, and would deffo recommend to anyone.

Pavel
Moscow

Spanish learning and incredible experience with Escuela Montalban

I was 3 months at Escuela Montalbán in Granada doing an Intensive Spanish course, which included 2 classes of grammar and 2 conversation classes per day. I started from the very beginning and improved my Spanish very quickly thanks to a professionalism of the teachers and very well selected groups. In fact, I was able to communicate with other students with the same level of Spanish, which helped us learn Spanish more efficiently with a help of a teacher and have fun as well.

The staff of the Spanish school was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Paco. In the first day they helped me with my accommodation, informed me about different possibilities and important places in the city, and helped me get my debit card in a bank, which was incredibly important as well.

The accommodation was provided by the school. In the apartment I lived with 4 Spanish persons, who helped me boost my Spanish and experience Spanish culture and traditions. They were very friendly, kind and open-minded.

On the one hand, teachers were very professional and provided well-structured content. On another hand, they were very funny making a lot of jokes. Thus, they delivered a great combination of serious and funny content, which helped us feel comfortable and learn Spanish in a great atmosphere.

Another important part of learning Spanish language and culture took place outside of our classes. The school organized different social and cultural activities in the evenings and on weekends. In the first week we went to the Arabic bath, which helped me relieve stress from the first days of my adaptation to a new country. Moreover, I discovered an incredible art-form, which was born in Granada and called Flamenco. The flamenco show included very emotional and expressional music and dance. I fell in love with it and would love to experience it again. Another incredible activity was a tapa tour with the teacher Marisa, when almost all the students went out together to explore the tapas culture in different local bars. There is a tradition in Granada to give tapas for free when you order a drink.

I would definitely recommend this school to everybody, who wants to learn Spanish and discover a great culture of the beautiful Granada and Spain in general.

Amber
Netherlands

Great language school with a passion for teaching!

I was for 4 weeks at Escuela Montalban to follow a level intermediate B2 course. The quality of the lessons is really good since they offer only small classes and teachers are really friendly and knowledgeable! They only speak Spanish to you, therefore, it enforces you to speak and it develops your Spanish!

The atmosphere in the school is great! The school is cozy and the teachers, people that work there are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and warm. But also being able to experience the culture and lifestyle in Granada cannot be underestimated. Therefore, they organize different kind of activities, one of them was a tapa tour through the center of Granada with Ruben!

I definitely want to go back to follow another course, maybe in combination with cooking classes that they offer!

Freyer

Good times at the Spanish language school Escuela Montalban in Granada

I just finished a 3 month Spanish course at Escuela Montalban. I enjoyed my time there a lot. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff was really friendly, so that I felt welcome and like a part of the school comunity. I learned a lot. The lessons were effective and interesting and I liked the teachers.
The school offered a lot of different activities, such as hiking, rock climbing and horse riding in Sierra Nevada National Park, Flamenco dancing, cooking classes or movie evenings. The activities make it easy to get to know the other students and to make new friends from all over the world.
Granada is a great city. I love the tapas culture for example. With every drink you get a tapa for free. What I liked the most was hiking in the Sierra Nevada and dancing Salsa and Bachata. There are dance partys every night and I improved a lot while being here. Dancing Salsa helped me as well to make Spanisch friends and to use my new knowledges of the language.
I was sad when I had to leave Escuela Montalban and Granada.

I will come back for sure as soon as posible and I can recommend everybody to go there as well!

Escuela Montalbán has been offering Spanish language courses since 1986. The Spanish school is located in Granada, known to be one of the most popular cities in Andalusia, southern Spain. The school is accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes. With 800 students every year they