Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME) is a semester-long program in Budapest, Hungary, designed for American and Canadian undergraduates and recent graduates interested in teaching middle school or high school mathematics.
BSME was conceived by the founders of Budapest Semesters in Mathematics (BSM), and the two programs share a common goal: to provide their participants with an opportunity to experience the mathematical and general culture of Hungary. BSME is specifically intended for students who are not only passionate about mathematics, but also the teaching of mathematics.
Our academic program includes the following components:
- Mathematics education courses that focus on the Hungarian approach.
- Internships in mathematics education for additional teaching experiences.
- Mathematics courses from the BSM catalogue.
- Courses in humanities, language, and culture.
- The Summer Session deadline is March 1st.
- The Fall Semester deadline is April 1st.
- All applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so reserve your spot early!
1520 St. Olaf Avenue
Northfield, MN 55057