Can I do this over the course of a semester?

Posted by Amelia Federico 1 year 1 month ago


Hi, Amelia,
Sure you can, the only thing you need to consider is that depending on your citizenship you may have to apply for a visa to enter Spain. Generally speaking any non EU country will need a visa for any stay over 90 days. Visas to enter Spain as au pair are called "au pair visa" but you could also be told by the Spanish consulate in your country about "student visa". Either case, you will have to book a course in Spain as a full time student for the whole of your stay.

Other considerations are: Au pair stays for 6 months or more can be done all year round, but it is better if you plan your stay to start in September at the beginning of the school year or January if September would not be possible for you.

I hope this information is useful to you. Should you have any other queries, do not hesitate to ask. And I hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards
Ana Usieto - Destino Idiomas