Gaba Corporation: Teach 1-on-1 English in Japan

Questions and Answers

Showing 1 - 7 of 7

Hello Coal, thank you for your question! If you are seeking visa sponsorship from Gaba to teach in Japan, you will need to be in possession of at least a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years of full-time, verifiable ESL teaching experience. We hope this helps. For more information on the position, please check our website at

The minimum commitment is one 6-month contract term. Gaba can apply for a 1 year visa for applicants seeking visa sponsorship, therefore the minimum expected commitment would be 12 months (2x 6-month contracts) for visa-sponsored applicants.

Please visit our website for more information on the positions and locations we are currently recruiting for:

The usual contract period is 6 months. For disciplinary purposes 3 month contracts are sometimes issued. And from what I have heard, very rarely, one month contracts.

Hi there! Gaba does not have any age limit policy for our Instructors, and we welcome applications from people of all ages and indeed nationalities also. I hope that answers your question and thank you for your interest.

I'm not a native English speaker, but I've been teaching English to koreans and japanese for almost 4 years. I have been seeking for an opportunity to teach abroad, and I'm fortunate to have found this. I took the courage to stand a chance to work in this institution Am i elligible to apply? I'm looking forward to hearing from you