View Other Details
• Lessons paid at 1,500 JPY per 40 minute lesson ( "belt system" allows increases to 2200 JPY per 40 minute lesson).
• Monthly incentives for larger schedules.
• Per lesson incentives for in-demand times.
• Full-time positions and career progression available.
For more information on upcoming positions and events, please check our website!
Gaba Corporation recruits English language teachers from around the world to teach 1-to-1 lessons to our students in Gaba Learning Studios. We currently operate 36 Learning Studios in the major cities of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe). All Gaba Instructors undergo our orientation and certification classes before they begin, which prepares them for teaching conversational English.
Teachers choose their own hours, and students select their teachers within this availability. If you want to teach English in Japan, check out our website to see if we're visiting a city near you, or apply online.
Key Points for Instructors:
• 1-to-1 lessons
• Motivated adult students (some kids lessons optional)
• Flexible schedule
• Professional environment
• Wide range of in-house certification available at any time
Basic Requirements for all applicants:
• Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written)
• Must commit to at least one full six-month contract term
• Must be available to attend three-day Initial Certification in full
• Must be proficient using a computer
Preferred applicants will have: A university degree; CELTA/TEFL/TESOL certification; Prior ESL/EFL teaching experience
- 1-to-1 teaching role
- Adult students
- Choose your own schedule each month
- 36 urban locations across Japan
- Materials and in-house certification provided