Teach in Japan with Teach Away

Questions and Answers

Showing 1 - 7 of 7

After you have been hired for a role, you will work directly with the school or a Teach Away representative to gather the necessary paperwork to apply for a work visa. In most cases, you will be the one covering the costs associated with gathering these documents and obtaining the visa.

Hi Laetitia –– Teach Away accepts applications from candidates of every age. However, there are age requirements to obtain a visa, and these will vary from country to country. Please visit the following link for more information: www.internationalschoolsreview.com/nonmembers/age-article.h…

Hi Brando –– Any additional qualifications to teach the English language will certainly give you an advantage! International and ESL schools in Japan will typically ask you to hold a bachelor's degree (in any subject) and an ESL certification.

Great question! You do not need to be a native Japanese speaker, although many teachings jobs will require you to be a native English speaker.

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately we couldn't find the answer to your question. We recommend reaching out to the program provider directly to find out, which you can do here: https://www.teachaway.com/teach-english-japan?utm_campaign=….

It is almost always required - while there might be exceptions, getting TEFL certified will help increase your chances of being able to teach anywhere. Hope that helps!

Hi Ilana, I apologize for being so late to answer this question for you. Even if this answer is too late for you, I figure it could still be helpful for anyone who happens to see this. For positions with reputable schools or other English learning centers in Japan - and in other countries overseas - a bachelor's degree is almost always the minimum requirement. In addition to this, a TEFL...