Teach Away - English Teaching Jobs in Japan

Teach Away - English Teaching Jobs in Japan

Join the Teach Abroad 101 webinar and learn HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT TEACHING JOB!

Get the inside scoop on landing a teaching job abroad! Our Teach Away experts will share how to qualify and apply for positions with schools around the world. Join us on March 19, 2018, at 7:00 - 8:00 PM EST.

Spaces are limited! Save your spot now!

With its unprecedented culture and tradition, Japan continues to be one of the most popular destinations for teachers wishing to teach English abroad. Whether you are interested in Japanese art, cuisine, anime, language or culture, Japan will have something for you and teaching in this beautiful and historical country is an incredibly rewarding experience.

Teach Away recruits ESL teachers throughout the year for various public and private schools across the country. Visit our website to view current teaching opportunity in Japan and apply today.

A TEFL certificate is required for most ESL teaching jobs in Japan. Earn your TEFL certification online, from the world-renowned University of Toronto.

Salary / Benefits
Salary - 125,000-250,000 JPY/month (depending on part- or full-time) ($1025 - $2050 USD)
Accommodation - Most schools offer a housing allowance
Airfare - Not provided
Health Insurance - Provided

Hi Ilana, I apologize for being so late to answer this question for you. Even if this answer is too late for you, I figure it could still be helpful for anyone who happens to see this. For positions with reputable schools or other English learning centers in Japan - and in other countries overseas - a bachelor's degree is almost always the minimum requirement. In addition to this, a TEFL...

• Benefits 8.5
  • Facilities 9

Not what I expected

Okay, to preface, I must admit that I'm a bit of a Japanophile. I've been into manga and anime since junior high. After graduating from college, I knew I wanted to teach English in Japan - I just didn't know how to go about it.

I applied all around and really think that Teach Away offered me the most relevant info, in a prompt and friendly way.

Admittedly, I was expecting just a quick sales type of service, but they really took the time to explain the ins-and-outs of what I could expect teaching here in Japan. I got some tips on how to teach here in public schools and get along with the staff and community. Now, I'm living my dream here. Don't know if I'll go back home, haha.

It's hard to be a vegetarian in the countryside of Japan. The only thing I can suggest is that more resources be provided on how to live in Japan with special dietary needs.

Japan is amazing! As much as people worry about the disaster of 2011, everyone is living life as normally, and happily as possible.

I had my worries too before coming here to Tokyo to teach with a private language school, but Teach Away staff really knew their stuff - especially about any concerns stemming from the disaster.

Now, I'm getting paid to teach English in one of the premier cities of the world! Nightlife is great, it's safe here, and the Japanese people are warm and welcoming.

I'm still in touch with Teach Away, and they continue to support me during my stay here, and are even helping me coordinate my next international move.

There's really nothing critical to say. I got all the answers I needed, and continue to get their support.

About Teach Away

Teach Away offers a wide variety of international teaching jobs with English-speaking education organizations, public, and private schools. Established in 2003, Teach Away has become a leader in international teacher recruitment through a commitment...