Do I need a bachelor's degree to teach English in Japan or an associate's degree enough?

Posted by Ilana Cramblit 4 years 2 months ago


Hi Ilana,

I apologize for being so late to answer this question for you.

Even if this answer is too late for you, I figure it could still be helpful for anyone who happens to see this.

For positions with reputable schools or other English learning centers in Japan - and in other countries overseas - a bachelor's degree is almost always the minimum requirement.

In addition to this, a TEFL certification ( is often required.

All the best in your overseas job search!

Teach Away