Is a TEFL certificate advised with a master's degree in ESL?

Posted by Tami Vandeventer 6 years 11 months ago


A TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate is not requirement for all teaching positions overseas, but in all cases it is highly recommended. A TEFL course, such as the course Teach Away offers from The University of Toronto, will cover topics including how to create effective lesson plans, techniques for effective classroom management, and review key elements of English grammar and provide you with strategies to teach grammar and other English language skills effectively to students in the foreign language classrooms.