I only have an associate degree in Early childhood development. Can I still take this course without completing a B.A?

Posted by Hajar Al Satari 2 years 11 months ago


The prerequisite for enrolling in the TESL course-one has to have a degree from an accredited University. I hold a BA (York) and an e Masters from Athabasca University. However, you can ask Elspeth - she is in charge.

There are no prerequisites to enroll in the course, you may do so at any time and begin instantly by paying the course fee. That said, do keep in mind that generally the internationally accepted minimum requirements to teach abroad are a TEFL certificate and a bachelors degree (in any subject area). This is not to say, however, that teachers with less than a degree do not continue to be hired abroad, but that they will face a higher level of competition worldwide. Things like experience teaching will certainly be helpful in your job applications!