TEFL Online from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Education

TEFL Online from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Education

The University of Toronto's Faculty of Education offers an online TEFL course. The TEFL Online curriculum was designed by experts of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto, a department which ranks among the top Faculties of Education worldwide.

TEFL Online is offered 100% online with 100-hour, 120-hour, and 150-hour certificate options. Teachers who enroll in the 120-hour or 150-hour courses can choose two elective specializations to tailor their TEFL certificates for their career.

The University of Toronto's TEFL Online provides distinct advantages for ESL teachers:

1. Quality of instruction - The University of Toronto is a top-ranked university, and TEFL Online's instruction is internationally recognized for its quality. Upon completing the course, graduates will receive a professional certificate from OISE at the University of Toronto.
  2. Accessibility and Flexibility - TEFL Online is 100% self-paced, and is accessible anywhere, at any time. Students can choose between the 100-hour course, or the 120-hour and 150-hour intensive courses that include two specialization modules.
  3. Job placement - TEFL Online is partnered with Teach Away Inc., a leading international teacher recruitment agency. Graduates of TEFL Online automatically receive free job placement services from Teach Away.

Enroll today in TEFL Online, and choose the TEFL certification that's right for your ESL career.

North America » Canada » Toronto
TEFL
100-hour course: $995
120-hour course: $1295
150-hour course: $1495

Hi Tasheira, Thank you for your question! If you are currently applying for placement through the Teach Away website, there are a few things to be mindful to ensure that your applications stand out. 1) Ensure you meet all of the requirements specified in the job posting, listed requirements are not optional, 2) Make sure your Teach Away profile is up to date and accurate. Placement Coordinator's a...
There are several units in the course that you must complete in order to get your certificate. After each unit there are small quizzes to test your knowledge and also a written portion that is graded by the staff. You cannot move on to a new unit or lesson until you have finished the previous one and pass the quiz. Throughout each lesson there are also questions to see whether or not you understoo...
Hi Jessica, I haven't taught in either Seoul or Finland, however I have taught in Dubai and I loved it! Traveling and teaching are two of the most rewarding activities anyone can do. I found it to be both educational and informative for me. I learned as much from my students as they did from me, and I know that I came out of the experience with a more open-mind and bigger heart. I wish you the bes...

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Danya
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

In 2014, I was two years into my teaching experience overseas, when I decided to pursue a TEFL certification to help improve my qualifications. I graduated with a Bachelor of Education in 2003, and so achieving the TEFL certification helped improve on my previous knowledge with the added advantage of gaining the educational and practical working knowledge of teaching English Language Learners. The feedback and support provided by the professors who lead each of the courses was valuable, since they were able to add to what the course had to offer. The flexibility of an on-line course is that you can complete it at your own time. My TEFL certification helped in opening doors to the expanding field of teaching students where English is a second language either on-line or on-site in an overseas country. I thank the University of Toronto for offering this program and look forward to what new experiences I can achieve with my certification!

Just in that it should be highly promoted to gain attention.

Callista

Online TEFL Certification Program

The University of Toronto's TEFL 150-hour online course was thorough and simple to navigate through, albeit for constant technical glitches that include frozen slides. Receiving certification from a distinguished university should provide an additional boost during the job hunting process in the future.

However, processing of the certificate upon completion of the course is delayed indefinitely. It has been 3 weeks since the course, and no scanned certificate is provided to me, except for an email from them asking me to confirm my name. Their email states that I will receive the scanned certificate within 2 weeks, but no such thing came about.

I would rate the program much higher if the turnaround time for the certificate is as promised.

Response from TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

Hi Callista,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to offer your insights on your TEFL Online course experience.

It's helpful to note that we are unable to begin processing certificates until a student's name is confirmed. Thereafter, it takes 1-2 weeks for students to receive a scanned copy of their certificate. All certificates are then sent via regular mail and are subject to standard mailing times.

I can see that you've now received a scanned copy of your certificate so if you haven't already, you should receive your physical copy of the certificate in the mail shortly!
If you have any further questions regarding your certificate, or on beginning your teach abroad jounery, please contact us directly.

Elspeth

sarah
toronto
State University of New York- Brockport

University of Toronto should be ashamed

This was such a joke, I am not sure where to start. First of all the 4-6 week waiting period to receive your certificate is unreasonable and totally unacceptable.
Second, there are numerous errors including 13 test errors about which I sent two emails and made one phone call, about were totally ignored. University of Toronto you should be ashamed to affiliate with this organization.
Any half way intelligent person will blow through 120hrs two weeks, (and have time to log the errors and organize the accompanying screenshots)
Fourth, a good chunk of this course appears to be written by one person (who begins nearly every slide with "In my experience...") This is highly opinionated, and frequently uninformed content written from subjective experience. This is not content created by a team of educators. Its so bad that 13 major errors were missed, and several technical glitches.
Fifth, the course does not work with Firefox ( which they of course deny, like fixing test errors, which might mean actually having to do actual work.)

Response from TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

We do advise all graduates of the program that it can take up to 4-6 weeks to receive their TEFL certificate after completing their course. As certificates are issued direct from the University of Toronto to teachers living all over the world - both within and without the US and Canada - certificates destined internationally can take up to this maximum time.

As you reside in Canada, a digital copy of your certificate has already been sent to you and your physical certificate mailed; set to arrive at your address within 3 weeks of your course completion. We strive to keep the processing time for certificates as short as possible.

All of your feedback has been received by our technical support team. If you are curious to know more about the U of T professors that designed the course, please visit: https://teflonline.teachaway.com/online-tefl-designers/

It was a pleasure to speak with you on the phone, and I wish you all the very best for a great international teaching adventure!

Christie

Tucker

Terrible class, basically a scam, and UoT astroturfs reviews online

This class is awful and should be avoided at all costs. I took the 120 hour class and it was so easy and repetitive that by the end I was pulling my hair out. It gives you no real tools to use when you enter a classroom, and the grammar section is superficial at best. It is also not accredited so this TEFL "certification" can not be used in Canada or the US. Also, they make you submit tons of writing within the class that seems to just be deleted after you submit it. Then at the end of each section make you turn in review journals that are obviously not read by anyone based on the turnaround time.

However, I could have gotten passed all that. It is an online class, and a popular one at that. It would be impossible for UoT to keep a 100% online class to the same standards as an in person TEFL course. I can understand why these deficiencies exist. BUT they also don't send you your certificate with any kind of speed. When you finish they say you will get an electronic copy in about 2 weeks, and the physical copy in a totally ridiculous 4-6 weeks. Even this terrible turnaround time is a lie. I finished almost three weeks ago now and have received nothing from UoT other than them asking me to confirm my name. When I finally found the correct number on their terrible website, and called they said I would be receiving my certificate in the next couple of days. Nothing came. It feels like I have been scammed out of $1,000.

Based on my experience there is no way that this course should be receiving the universally good reviews that it has online. So I decided to read every review I could find, and found they are all repeated across sites and all written in stilted prose with overly effusive praise for the course and UoT. It seems that UoT has payed someone to astroturf for them.

STAY AWAY YOU ARE JUST LOSING $1,000 FOR A NON ACCREDITED COURSE THAT YOU WONT EVEN RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE FOR. Shame on UoT for running this scam.

By being accredited, and by actually sending the certificates out once you finish. Basically by making it into a real TEFL course.

Response from TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

Hi Tucker,

We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to offer your insights on your TEFL Online course experience. We are sorry to hear our program fell short of your expectations.

I think it is helpful to clarify here, for yourself and other readers, that no TEFL course is truly accredited (as other ESL teaching certificates may be in the US and in Canada). There is no global accrediting body that governs the standards of Teaching English as a Foreign Language courses. As a result, TEFL programs that advertise they are accredited are privately accredited. In the end, the only way to ensure that you are receiving the best TEFL training that will be recognized internationally, is to undertake your TEFL certification with a reputable provider like a College or University, or with an internationally recognized private organization.

Your certificate is on it's way to you now, and you can expect it to arrive to you shortly. Certificates for the TEFL Online program are issued direct from the University of Toronto to teachers living all over the world, both within and without the US and Canada, and in rare cases certificates can take up to 6 weeks to arrive to a student living abroad.

If you have any questions regarding your certificate, or how you can take your first steps towards teaching abroad, please contact us directly.

Christie

Tamekeng
NOUAKCHOTT-MAURITANIA

My Experience

I have been teaching English Language for over the last three years in Africa.I have always been appreciated by my schools and students as a good teacher.But when I took the initiative to pay for the TEFL 150 hour course ,I realized that I had throughout my teaching been violating my students rights. Most of the time I decided and imposed on them. I spent a lot of energy during teaching. Infact, it’s stressful. After going through the section on Classroom Management, teaching now is less stressful and more of a fun.Even my students have noticed it. Some keep on asking me why I didn’t introduce the methods I am now using the previous years. I can’t tell them that I was not really a teacher. The program is so rich .The course administrators are accessible all the time.My internet connection eventhough is not strong,gave me little or no problem. I completed the course for a period not more than 4months at my own pace. I strongly encourage all aspiring teachers not to continue wasting their time before paying and start enjoying the course to do so immediately.For,you will neither regret nor be the same. Thank you so much The University of Toronto!

Just keep on doing the good job you've been doing

Volodymyr
Odessa, Ukraine

Great experience

There are a lot of TEFL certificate programs out there, but the one that I always recommend to teachers looking to teach overseas is the TEFL certification through University of Toronto. Unlike many TEFL programs out there, University of Toronto is internationally-recognized. This means that the teacher training will be recognized around the world. This is very important as there are several TEFL programs that are NOT recognized. The course itself designed really great and provides all the info needed for an ESL teacher. I would definitely recommend to my colleagues.

Omar
Gander

Amazing Course

The online course was amazing, easy to navigate, and most importantly provided great tips and material for you to know as a TEFL instructor. My favourite parts of the course were little 1-5 minute video clips of actual instructors talking about their experience overseas. This was great because it was much more casual and gave you a better idea of what situations you might get into while teaching.

Looking back on it now I believe a small amount of the links that were provided in the online course did not work (either out-dated or the hyperlink address must have been changed).

Yamir
Wilfrid Laurier University

WOW... SO IMPRESSED!

The TEFL course content was great and was easy to work through at your own pace. I really liked the focus on English and the tests were not too hard because I always felt prepared after doing the work before. I took a look for a long time to see what TEFL certification courses were available and this one seemed to be the most convenient and easy for me to complete on my own time. I will be leaving soon to teach overseas and I can't wait to use the new skills and my confidence that I have gained by completing this course!

ITS THE BEST!

Oana
Trent University

Great TEFL Course

I must have spent a week of researching the best TEFL Course to take. I wanted to invest in a course that was by a great university and 100% online (have a full time job and not much free time).
After talking to Christie about some questions I had, I signed up in February 2016. I took the course from home or the cottage (it works great on an ipad). I finished the course in 3 and a half weeks. The course is not very difficult and a couple of times that I needed some clarifications, I heard back from their support department within a couple of hours.
I have applied for a few teaching in positions in Thailand and Abu Dhabi. For both positions I have an interview scheduled this week. I am confident that the TEFL Certificate from University of Toronto was a big boost in securing these interviews.
Highly recommended. This is an actual certification course from a top university; unlike some tefl courses going for 1/10-th of the price but are a waste of time.

Karyn
Parry Sound, ON

TEFL Course (Karyn)

The TEFL course was very enjoyable and the content was great. I enjoy how they make sure that you are learning everything about teaching English from creating lesson plans to preparing yourself into going overseas. I am very excited to start my journey overseas and see everything it has to offer. I leave in a month for South Korea and could not be more happy. Everyone in the process has been great from the start of my TEFL course to finding a job and going overseas.

N/A

Jalil

The right course I needed

I was graduated as a TEFL teacher from a different college many years ago and have worked in a few countries both in state and private institutions. In the past 6 years, I've been teaching EFL mostly online and as a volunteer. So, after a long break from classroom activities, I needed a refresher to catch up with the most updated approaches and techniques, especially in the use of multimedia and teaching test preparation, which is in demand nowadays. U of T TEFL course was the right course I was looking for and I enjoyed it a lot. It's well structured and includes everything you need in order to deliver a successful classroom activity. It worked for me as an experienced teacher but it's also perfect for anyone starting a career in TEFL. Also, I'm from Toronto and I know what it means to be certified from the prestigious U of T !

Short videos from a real classroom activity e.g. how to give instructions, how to motivate students, etc.

Montreal
Université de Montréal

Okay course, you mostly pay for the name of the University on the certificate!

I completed the course quite easily. The tests are easy and they're a simple repeat of all the practice questions you get while completing the units. The information taught is interesting, though superficial. I really appreciated all the handouts they give for each unit, I think these we'll come in handy. Since everything is in "powerpoint" style, but on video, taking note is not super easy. You have to re-write everything, no copy pasting possible unless you do screenshots. They give lesson notes but they are in pdf format, so un-editable for most of us and they are crappy notes... You have to complete reflexion journals for each unit: the topics are interesting, but they do not give any usable feedback when reviewing them. If you write them you pass I guess, whatever you write in them. I would have appreciated a bit more effort in commenting these journals, so that my "reflexion" could grow, if that makes any sense.

As for the job assistance, it is non-existant. They have a website with job postings, and that,s pretty much it. When I asked for some support or help, or advice, they sent me an email saying that I was doing a great job at building my profile, that it looked good. Nice, but completed useless. Most of the job posting are a direct to school type of application, so Teach Away actually doesn't do anything. I think it's obvious that I am very unsatisfied with their support. I though that by applying at UoT with Teach Away, I would have some help sorting through the postings and the scams and the legit offers. I was so wrong...

So as I said, you pay for the name of the University I guess. Is it a good thing? I don't know!

Response from TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

Hello, Sarah! We value the feedback of all of our graduates and appreciate your time in offering a detailed review. I am happy to hear you were able to progress through the course with ease. In regards to journal reflection assignments, though the feedback provided is brief I can assure you all of your reflections were reviewed first-hand and graded according to your direct efforts. In regards to jobs assistance, although The University of Toronto TEFL Online does not guarantee job placement for graduates via Teach Away, we are committed to providing graduates of our program with the guidance to feel confident in their choice to teach abroad. It is important that graduates contact the TEFL Online program directly for teach-abroad assistance, and not Teach Away. --- You will be receiving your official certificate from the University of Toronto soon. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] with any questions or comments!

Sara
Toronto, ON

In depth and informative

I took the 150 hour course, with specializations in Teaching Business English and Teaching English to Arabic Speakers. As a full-time student, doing the certificate online was really helpful as it allowed me to do the course on my own pace and free time. I think if you're a more practical learner, this might not be for you, but personally I liked the online aspect a lot. I found the courses to be very in-depth, the material gets very theoretical but it becomes easy to understand because it's all explained really well. The quizzes and journals were all great too because they focused on everything you've learned up to that point so there were no surprises (very straight froward). Staff responded really quickly and efficiently to any concerns or questions I had about the course which also made things much easier for me. All in all, would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to get a certification to teach abroad or to improve/add on to any qualifications you already have. I thought the course was a little too pricey at first, but you have to keep in mind that you are getting a lot of information and material including tips and handouts to keep with you, so it balances out really well. The specializations are great too because they can make your teaching resume more attractive depending on where you want to teach and they provide more in-depth info about what you want to learn about that wasn't offered in the regular curriculum.

More assistance with job placement after completion with the course. Material was a little repetitive at times

Isha
New Bedford, Massachusetts
University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth

TEFL with the University of Toronto

I recently completed my 150 hour TEFL course with the University of Toronto, specializing in teaching English to Koreans and teaching business English, and overall it was a positive experience. The content of the course is both relevant and enlightening. Each unit is broken into manageable portions, and the interactive material is easy to navigate. They also provided really great resources and links. Make sure you take lots of notes as there is tons of great information that you'll definitely need to review. The tech support was excellent, they got back to me almost immediately any time I experienced an issue. All in all I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking a teaching position!

The part of the program that could be improved upon is getting the students better connected with teaching positions after they complete it.

Shilpa
Mumbai, India
University of Queensland

Well-Structured Course

I started the course in 2013, but needed extra time to finish this course. I took the 100 hour course, and the university were flexible enough to award me 2 extensions.

The course was extremely well structured, and the units were well presented and detailed. The reflection journals were especially helpful as they covered all aspects of the unit we studied. Sometimes I felt the assessment was too easy, but it was definitely for the most part, challenging.

I would ideally like that for the 100 hour courses, there be an option (for an extra fee) to be able to continue and choose a specialization. This option, which is available only to the 120 & 150 hour courses is included after you complete your basic certificate. If this was extended and given as an extra payable option, it would prove very useful.

Carisa
Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jackson State University

Quick Responses but No Help with Job Placement

The overall experience of completing the 150-hour TEFL course was good. Each time I e-mailed a member of the TEFL team, I received a response within 24 hours. The content was extremely helpful and useful for teaching ELL students. However, upon completion of the course there was no assistance with job placement.

Some of the attached videos would not play depending on the computer I was using. Once I was informed about how to bypass the videos, everything else flowed smoothly.
I would definitely have liked some assistance with job placement. Simply telling me that I should apply anywhere I was interested in working was not at all helpful.

Response from TEFL Online from the University of Toronto

Hi Carisa, Congratulations on completing our TEFL Online program! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the course, and received responses to your questions and technical inquires in a timely manner. Our course if offered in combination with Teach Away, and all graduates are encouraged to set-up a teacher profile on the Teach Away website to browse and apply for jobs that fit their qualifications and experience. Although placement through Teach Away is not guaranteed for graduates of TEFL Online, if you have questions regarding Teach Away job placement as a TEFL graduate we would be happy to receive them at [email protected] or by telephone at 1-855-833-5665

Philip
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

Enjoyable

I found the course to be enjoyable and very informative.

I found the degree of difficulty to be appropriate and any concerns / questions I had were promptly dealt with by the course co-ordinator.

I am very happy I undertook the course with the University of Toronto and am most happy to recommend it to anyone considering TEFL as a vocation.

Many thanks to the University.

Philip Dean
(Australia)

No program is perfect. I don't think I would change anything.

Meera
Australia

Staff Support; Placement

The staff were fantastic resolving minor issues like inability to access documents but also with providing extension on the time frame for completion when I couldn't finish the course due to unforeseen family events.

I haven't tried any foreign placement so am unable to comment on that.

Repetition of some aspects of the course course in the specialisations.

Judy
Austin, TX
University of Texas- Austin

Great course

Very interesting course. The content was appropriate and can be used.
The instructors were interesting and added variety. I am sorry it is over and may take additional courses in the future if time allows.

There were occasional technology glitches either from my computer or the program. When they initially happened, I was looking for contact information and it was difficult to locate. I made some expensive phone calls internationally before I was able to reach the correct source to address my questions.

Bozeman, MT
University of Washington

As Expected

I took the 120-hour TEFL course in preparation for my time overseas and was working a more than full-time job at the same time. I found the core material was generally challenging. The printable activities were helpful and the handouts made for good examples. I found the videos to be beneficial depending on the speaker, though some were not as engaging as I had hoped. The course was usually pretty self explanatory and could be somewhat redundant in format - something others may prefer more than me.

If there had been a book along with the course, it would have been easier to follow along. I found the tests were often too easy and not necessarily helping me to retain the information. Overall it was a decent course for online, though having more engagement with a staff member (grading assessments, commenting on journals, etc) would have made this course stronger in critical thinking. I think the various sections are lacking in consistency of difficulty as different individuals present each one - this could be streamlined. The only practical piece of my experience was my own time volunteering in an ESL classroom to SEE the material in action. If their were more video examples of the strategies and tools, that would be helpful. Overall it was a decent course.

Marc
Mexico
York University

Totally worth it

This course has given me much more confidence into being a teacher than other certification centers. Language schools recognize this program and the material learned in new teachers. They give you so much information that at time it's overwhelming but good to have in order to go back to it later on.

Some slides are glitched and need to be fixed. The technical staff took its time on telling me how to fix it myself and when done so they were kind of rude about it. As if it's my fault the slide glitches and I don't know how to fix it myself.

Kevin
Hong Kong

120 hour TEFL course

This was a really useful study programme, that allows you to complete the course at your own pace. The programme content is both relevant and interesting.
A couple of minor technical issues were resolved within 24 hours allowing me to continue the course after using the online contact facility.
I am already teaching abroad, but felt this course was really helpful in reinforcing what I needed to know.
Big thank you to the course team.
Kevin Robinson

Sometimes the video input did not work on my macbook, no great problem as the content was included within the course notes.

Philip
Sultanate of Oman
University of Manchester

Most impressed

I am a vastly experienced TEFL teacher with two Master degrees including one in Education. I undertook this course in order to fulfil an administrative prerequisite. Before the course, I thought the course would be both a stroll in the park if rather boring. I was completely wrong on both counts! Not only was the course challenging and thought-provoking, but it proved a reinvigorating process that has taught me so much. Most impressed.

May I take a respectful bow towards the University of Toronto. Thank you.

There were some minor computer glitches and explanatory inadequacies.

Linda
Lethbridge, Alberta

Completely Satisfied.

Let me start off and explain why a 1 was given on the job placement question. My motivation for taking this course was not to teach abroad, possibly in the future, but to further my current career. I can not rate something that I have not utilized.

I loved how this course allowed me to work at my own pace and I never felt time pressured. It is easy to navigate around the lessons.

I had some technical issues a couple of times but the support was right on top of it.

Overall I more than satisfied with my choice to take this specific TEFL course over the local college course. I am quite confident this course has given me the tools to succeed.

It seems that information from early lessons just got rehashed in later lessons or in the specialization courses. When that information came about there were times that I thought 'we have already been through this'. I can understand why this is done, to reiterate tools and strategies, so that you can be comfortable with the information and to refresh memories. I understand it but I still think it can be a waste of time, energy, and funds to go through something twice. This is by no means a negative as I really did enjoy this course and would do it all over again as it stands.

Essie
United Kingdom
University of Derby

Comprehensive course

I found this course very comprehensive and convenient to complete - you can access it from any computer or mobile device, so you can study for a lesson wherever you have internet or wireless access. There is a good mix of reading, written activities, video and interactive elements, so the lessons are always engaging, and I genuinely enjoyed working through the different modules. Most modules require you to complete and submit multiple 'reflection journals', so making notes and taking your time with each lesson is recommended. I took specialisations in Teaching Business English and Teaching English to Young Learners - there are various topics to choose from, and I think this is an area in which they can expand the course even further. I completed the 120-hour course in 2-3 months, and found the sections on grammar particularly useful.

In terms of support, I received prompt replies from course staff whenever I had a query, and all communications have been friendly and helpful. There is quite a wait until you receive your certificate, but they offer an free electronic copy whilst you await its arrival. No information yet about a work placement now that I've completed the course - this is the only stall in communication so far.

More clear direction for students who have completed the course and which to look at placement options. There were a couple of glitches when viewing lessons on a Windows tablet, so perhaps just checking for compatibility across different browsers could prevent any future issues.

Ahmad

My experience with UoToronto tefl Online

I have taken this course between June and August 2013 and then two modules which were Teaching English for Young Learners and Business English.
In a modern environment and completely on-line delivery this course taught me everything I need to have the confidence to apply for a TEFL teaching job. The course has a lot of video and audio that add more to the information and advice from the experts. I think that this course fully covers the theoretical and practical aspects that you might need to know to be a successful teacher. I highly recommend this class especially that it is backed by Teach Away's support for you to find your dream teaching job.

francesca
Ryerson University

Fantastic Course!

U of T TEFL Online was a great investment, which has enhanced my knowledge of teaching and the English language.

I took the 120 hour course and specialized in Teaching English to Korean speakers and Teaching English to Young Learners. They offer other practical specializations that will help you in your placement field.

TEFL's partnership with Teach Away allowed me the opportunity to work with a Placement Coordinator. I was supported throughout my application process.

When I enrolled there weren't as many specializations being offered and I could only take 2. But I just checked and they offer more plus a 150 hour option!

Australia

Great course!

I enrolled in the University of Toronto's TEFL Online course as I was looking for an online TEFL certificate that would assist me with teaching abroad. I found the course to be very practical, with lots of useful information and suggestions that I will be able to apply when working with ESL learners. It was great to be able to work through the course at my own pace and I have kept copies of the additional hand-outs that are provided throughout the units.

Overall, I found this course to be a great addition to my teaching degree and I look forward to using my new skills when I teach abroad in South America later this year!

There were a few technical errors that I believe have since been fixed.

Kathleen

Highly recommended

I highly recommend this course for those seeking to complete a TEFL certification. It is a great addition to your resume, in particularly for overseas teaching positions.

The course was very informative and well-designed. I particularly liked the 'practical' ideas and advice that I believe would be useful to new and also more experienced teachers.

Overall, I enjoyed completing the University of Toronto TEFL course.

Adding more specific units depending on what type of position you are looking for e.g. working with early years students, adults.

The TEFL Online course was designed by professors at the University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) which ranks among the top education faculties in the world. Self-directed and 100% online the program offers teachers world-class TEFL training and a globally recognized