This program is no longer offered. View more programs from GEO Study Abroad.
Spanish Language and Society in Rosario, Argentina

Spanish Language and Society in Rosario, Argentina

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from GEO Study Abroad.

Rapidly improve your Spanish while exploring human rights, business, and the humanities in Rosario, Argentina. Business and human rights courses are conducted in English, while humanities courses are taught in Spanish. If you are a less experienced Spanish-speaker planning to enroll in the fall program, we encourage you to consider an intensive summer session to help build language proficiency. The program includes multiple excursions outside the city, as well as extensive use of historic and cultural activities within Rosario for academic excursions. You will also live with an Argentine family.

South America » Argentina » Rosario
International Business
Latin American Studies
Letters of Recommendation
Visa Requirement
Program fee includes tuition, housing and meals, local transportation, and insurance. Scholarships are available.

Sara
Mill Creek
University of Oregon

Study in Rosario

I went to Rosario not really knowing what to expect from the city, program, or people. Everything was amazing. The city is not very touristy so it is a great environment to learn Spanish even outside of the classroom. It is a city very similar to Portland. The climate is relatively similar and it is located right on the river. There were a lot of good restaurants to eat at, especially the ones included in the program for lunch. We became close with the managers from our favorite restaurant, and were sad to leave them. There were a lot of places to shop at, touristy and not so touristy, and everything was decently close. If you did not want to walk somewhere taxis are very safe and very cheap.
The home stay was great. I stayed with a mom and her daughter (who was about 45 years old) and they were both very welcoming. They always had advice about what to do on the weekends and made the best food. This also helped improve my Spanish because they did not really speak English. They knew a few words but not enough to be able to converse.
My Spanish improved a lot during such a short period of time (I only did the 5 week program although I wish I would have done the 10). All of the professors are very willing to help you with whatever question you had, and I felt that it was a lot more beneficial learning from someone who spoke Spanish as their first language. I also got to learn a lot about the history of Argentina which is very interesting. Overall, the experience was amazing. I met a lot of great people and I learned a lot, even about myself.

Sara
Mill Creek
University of Oregon

Studying in Rosario

Response from GEO Study Abroad

Thanks for your review, Sara. I'm thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience this summer in Rosario -- it really is a wonderful city!

- Sam Bethel
Campus and Partner Relations Coordinator @ GEO

At Global Education Oregon, we create pathways to international, experiential learning for students, faculty, and university partners. Founded on the belief that international engagement is integral to developing global citizens, we prepare students for a 21st century workforce, creating exceptional academic and professional development opportunities