View Other Details
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.
Get a firsthand look at current political and economic issues by taking classes alongside Belgian students in the capital of the European Union. CIEE’s partner school, Vesalius College is your host for coursework in English on global affairs, human rights, international business and entrepreneurship, and communications and journalism. Centrally located in the heart of the city, students can immerse themselves in the melting pot of cultures and languages with an optional internship at a local business. For students with strong French language skills, classes are available at Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
- TAKE CLASSES IN ENGLISH and opt for one in Dutch or French if your skills match up.
- LEARN ON THE GO with visits to European Union institutions, as well as other Belgian cities and one of Belgium neighboring countries.
- BOOST YOUR KNOWLEDGE with strong communications offerings, like intercultural communication, script writing for radio and television, international reporting in Brussels, and more.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.